• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forum changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I agree, and think this new rank would be a great idea. I've learnt some very useful things from the ticketing forum that have proved useful when planning journey's, particuarly into the maze that is London. It would also be good (just an idea) if you could actually rate users based on their ticketing/fares advice. We have leaderboards for the number of posts, so maybe we could have a leaderboard for helpfulness with journey's!
I don't think this is necessary as the 'Fares Advisor' will clarify who has put themselves forward to take a test, passed and deemed suitable.

Thanks for the idea, though it can be flawed as I saw people on MSE be given a "thanks" for advice that I knew was completely and utterly wrong. I would not want that to happen here. Very occasionally I'll go on MSE and put completely unknowledgable people giving duff advice right, but much of the time they actually get thanked for it!

Do we have any further updates on the Fares Advisor test at all, or is it a case of waiting...?
My opinion at present is that I'd rather not implement such a test until enough people have attended 'fares workshops' to enable us to give several people that accreditation at the same time. This will take time. Anyone who PMs me will be considered for invitation to a fares workshop. Anyone who attends a fares workshop will be able to apply for the test. Hope that clarifies :)

We have places available at the Sheffield workshop next week. The next London one is full. I think I am right in saying that everyone who attended the workshop today found it useful :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Birdbrain

I think the idea of a Fares Advisor rank is a great idea. Although I don't post much I have been reading the forums for a very long time and I have been able to pick up so much (and save a lot of money) from reading the Fares forum. It would be good for new members to see that they can trust the advice they are given. Good Stuff :D

Status
Not open for further replies.