• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forum Jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
The actual Brexit dividend has been revealed and it's been welcomed by many Remainers. The dividend being the complete destruction of the Conservative Party.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steamysandy

Boris Johnston goes to Moscow where Vladimir Putin takes him to the Ballet and they get sozzled.On the way back to the Kremlin they have a comfort stop in a large flashy building which is fully carpeted Having watered said Carpet Boris turns to Putin and asks "What do we do now?"
Back comes the reply " Run like hell! This is the Trump Moscow Hotel!!"

Calthrop

Established Member
Brought to mind by a recent thread elsewhere on these Forums: started by a recent visitor to the NRM's out-station at Shildon, who found content of same, meagre and rather disappointing.

One imagines an enthusiast visiting this venue; feeling the same way as the OP above (who voices his sentiments, I hasten to say, in totally moderate and polite terms). Our hypothetical enthusiast, though, has a hot temper and poor impulse control -- proceeds to shout loudly and at length, about what a rubbish site he has parted with money to visit; much of his tirade, in extremely foul language and at the top of his voice. The police have to be called -- and our anti-hero subsequently appears in court: charged with making a low commotion at NRM Shildon.

EM2

Established Member
There is a well-known layout on the model railway exhibition circuit, which represents an East Coast port and dockside, and is famous for its prototypical fish trains, modelled fully to scale.
At one exhibition, a chap approaches one of the operators and says 'Look, I work for a *major* banana import company. If you were to see fit to change the fish trains to banana trains, we could make it worth your while, if you know what I mean?'
The operator explains that the fish trains are an intrinsic part of the layout scheme, and it's no deal.
The chap makes an offer. 'Tell you what, let's say £5000. How's that?'
Operator says no, sorry, we can't do it.
He increases the offer to £7000. Still no deal.
He says 'OK, I can go to £10000, but it's my final offer'.
The operator says OK, in principle but he'll have to speak to the rest of the club, and he'll let him know.
At the end of that day's show, the operating team are in the pub, and he pipes up.
'Listen lads, I've got some good news and some bad news. Bad news first. We've lost the Birds Eye sponsorship...'

pemma

Veteran Member
There is a well-known layout on the model railway exhibition circuit, which represents an East Coast port and dockside, and is famous for its prototypical fish trains, modelled fully to scale.
At one exhibition, a chap approaches one of the operators and says 'Look, I work for a *major* banana import company. If you were to see fit to change the fish trains to banana trains, we could make it worth your while, if you know what I mean?'
The operator explains that the fish trains are an intrinsic part of the layout scheme, and it's no deal.
The operator says OK, in principle but he'll have to speak to the rest of the club, and he'll let him know.
At the end of that day's show, the operating team are in the pub, and he pipes up.
'Listen lads, I've got some good news and some bad news. Bad news first. We've lost the Birds Eye sponsorship...'

That sounds like a reworked version of a 15 year old Dawn French joke.

Calthrop

Established Member

I'm like Adlington just now, re mine -- no comprehendo. Can someone explain? (I'm sure I'll kick myself.)

Calthrop

Established Member
Call me stupid; but -- fish ? bananas? -- frozen or otherwise... I'm still baffled.

AndrewE

Established Member
Sigh! "We've dumped the (local/historical) fish trade sponsorship... We'll be running banana trains instead."
Maybe you don't know that bananas were imported through a limited number of ports and that trains of unique steam-heated goods vans (to ensure the fruit didn't get frosted) ran from them to the wholesale markets. See
http://www.bluebell-railway.co.uk/bluebell/pics/570027.html

Calthrop

Established Member
Thanks -- understood at last; but too railway-erudite a joke for me, a self-confessed dreamy (to quote a respected and loved participant on these forums) "spottery-wibble-merchant". (I don't like bananas anyway -- they could have stayed forever in the tropics, for me.)

Welshman

Established Member
That sounds like a reworked version of a 15 year old Dawn French joke.
Was that the one where Bernard Matthews approaches the Pope and offers him £1m if he changes the words of the Lord's Prayer to "Give us this day our daily turkey?"
The Pope says he can't make such a drastic change to tradition, but Matthews ups the bribe to £2 and then eventually £5m. So the Pope goes to his cardinals and says "Good News and bad news - we're ditching the Mothers' Pride sponsorship......"

Or perhaps it wasn't:D

How about the erudite Vicar who tried to teach Greek to his cat, but it never got further than mu?

Last edited:

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Was that the one where Bernard Matthews approaches the Pope and offers him £1m if he changes the words of the Lord's Prayer to "Give us this day our daily turkey?"
The Pope says he can't make such a drastic change to tradition, but Matthews ups the bribe to £2 and then eventually £5m. So the Pope goes to his cardinals and says "Good News and bad news - we're ditching the Mothers' Pride sponsorship......"

Or perhaps it wasn't:D

It was - and to be honest I think this original version you have posted is much better. :D

Calthrop

Established Member
How about the erudite Vicar who tried to teach Greek to his cat, but it never got further than mu?

I first encountered that one as a limerick -- the young curate of Kew, who kept his pet cat in his pew; he vowed in a week, he would teach the beast Greek...

Welshman

Established Member
I first encountered that one as a limerick -- the young curate of Kew, who kept his pet cat in his pew; he vowed in a week, he would teach the beast Greek...
I know!
You can't beat the old ones, can you?:D

341o2

Established Member
Went to the zoo and saw a baguette in a cage

Apparently it was bread in captivity

zuriblue

I know people are always posting those ridiculously clever things their young un's say but sometimes they’re true.
My little one, Tilly, really shocked me today.
Tilly- You know how our Prime minister and her government are destroying the NHS, cutting benefits for the disabled, allowing fracking...
Me- But….
Tilly-…..selling arms to the Saudis, allowing badger culling..
Me- What the…
Tilly-….cutting education spending, bloody brexit, Boris the buffoon,
Me-..........
Tilly- Tories are barstewards, aren’t they?
Now, OK, I know I should have told her about her language but I was just so stunned I couldn’t say anything. I mean, I’ve had that cat for 13 years and she never spoke a word until now!

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I know people are always posting those ridiculously clever things their young un's say but sometimes they’re true.
My little one, Tilly, really shocked me today.
Tilly- You know how our Prime minister and her government are destroying the NHS, cutting benefits for the disabled, allowing fracking...
Me- But….
Tilly-…..selling arms to the Saudis, allowing badger culling..
Me- What the…
Tilly-….cutting education spending, bloody brexit, Boris the buffoon,
Me-..........
Tilly- Tories are barstewards, aren’t they?
Now, OK, I know I should have told her about her language but I was just so stunned I couldn’t say anything. I mean, I’ve had that cat for 13 years and she never spoke a word until now!
In cat-years, she's in her early 50s and clearly very wise. You should listen to her!

#votes4cats
#cats4Corbyn

;):lol:

gg1

Established Member
My girlfriend said I was mad when I told her I planned to build a car out of spaghetti.

You should have seen her face when I drove pasta.

Geezertronic

Established Member
"You won't like me when I'm angry... because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources" said The Credible Hulk

lxfe_mxtterz

As unoriginal as this joke is, it has to be one of my favourites:
  • I was walking past a cake shop selling cakes for £1. I popped in to take a look.
  • I picked up a cake and the shop assistant said "£2 please". So I asked, "why are you asking for £2 when you're advertising all cakes for £1?"
  • She said "it's Madeira cake"... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.