• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forum Jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PG

Established Member
Apologies but I don't get this one.
Dave
I had to look it up too, but then I don't follow football.

Alan Hansen is an ex footballer turned pundit who apparently once said:
"I think they've got problems. I wouldn't say they have got major problems. Obviously three players have departed and the trick is buy when you are strong. So he needs to buy players. You can't win anything with kids."

Shimbleshanks

Did you hear about that Argentine footballer who's going to set up a chain of family restaurants with his brother? They'll be called the Messi Eaters

DaveHarries

Established Member
As it is revealed Stonehenge may have been relocated from Wales in 3000BC, archaeologists say thankfully they didn't use Hermes or it would still be in transit. :lol:

Dave

d9009alycidon

Under hypnosis it was revealed that my wife was a member of an indigenous American tribe in a previous life, she went by the name Four Horses.

I thought, that figures, even in her present life she be nag, nag, nag, nag

Calthrop

Established Member
A man walks into a pub, accompanied by a giraffe. He orders two pints; the man drinks one, the giraffe the other. "Two more pints, please," the man requests; and they repeat the performance numerous times throughout the evening, man and beast matching each other pint for pint. After the tenth pint, the man bids the barman goodnight; he and his giraffe stagger toward the door. The highly-inebriated giraffe stumbles, falls to the floor, and remains there motionless; the man just keeps on heading out of the pub. "Oi !" the barman exclaims, "you can't leave that lying there". The man turns around, and says "itsh not a lion, itsh a giraffe".

REVUpminster

We all know of the only football team in the Bible; Queen of the South. There are also two ice cream makers: Wall's of Jericho and Lyons of Jerusalem.

jon0844

Veteran Member
As it is revealed Stonehenge may have been relocated from Wales in 3000BC, archaeologists say thankfully they didn't use Hermes or it would still be in transit. :lol:

Dave

Probably used Yodel. That's why instead of being delivered to someone's home, they dumped it in a field.

Welshman

Established Member
We all know of the only football team in the Bible; Queen of the South. There are also two ice cream makers: Wall's of Jericho and Lyons of Jerusalem.
Not to mention the first cricket match when Peter stood before the Eleven and was bold.....
And, of course, the first car in the Old Testament, where we read King David's triumph was heard throughout the land.

Calthrop

Established Member
And, to get thoroughly childish: why are there only 25 letters in the alphabet? Because the angels said "Noel" (no L).

d9009alycidon

Not to mention the first cricket match when Peter stood before the Eleven and was bold.....
And, of course, the first car in the Old Testament, where we read King David's triumph was heard throughout the land.
Things improved in the New Testament, apparently The Bible says the wise men all came in one Accord, must have been the first Honda, well the Wise Men came from the East after all.

najaB

Veteran Member
Things improved in the New Testament, apparently The Bible says the wise men all came in one Accord, must have been the first Honda, well the Wise Men came from the East after all.
Must've been an hybrid because after the flood Noah sent the dove out and it came back with a (Nissan) Leaf.

Welshman

Established Member
in the New Testament, apparently The Bible says the wise men all came in one Accord, must have been the first Honda, well the Wise Men came from the East after all.
Sorry, but I can't let this move on without noting that the angels went back to King David's old favourite, a Triumph.
They were the Herald Angels, after all.

DaveHarries

Established Member
The list of papers to be read on Alcohol and Related Diseases at a recent Advanced Medical Conference read as follows:

9.15 Alcohol in the blood
10.15 Alcohol in the liver
11.15 Alcohol in the pancreas
11.45 Alcohol in the heart
12.15 Alcoholisms
12.45 Bar opens.

:lol:

Dave

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
My other half used to work in a labour ward, but quit when she was 40 - she was having a midwife crisis.

matacaster

On Moderation
One for all fellow Yorkshire persons. Woman dies. Husband speaks to stonemason says he wants "She was thine" on grave stone. Man goes back next day and sees Mason has carved "She was thin". He berates Mason and says he's missed of the 'e'. Goes back next day and looks at gravestone it now reads "E she was thin".

Presumably a herald?

Last edited:

AndrewE

Established Member
One for all fellow Yorkshire persons. Woman dies. Husband speaks to stonemason says he wants "She was thine" on grave stone. Man goes back next day and sees Mason has carved "She was thin". He berates Mason and says he's missed of the 'e'. Goes back next day and looks at gravestone it now reads "E she was thin".
Very good...

DaveHarries

Established Member
A man is sitting in a cafe. He has just finished his snack when a waiter brings his bill. It says:

Scone and buter £1.25
Tea 40p

"Take it back", he says to the waiter, "and rewrite it so that it says butter with two Ts." Shortly after the waiter returns with a new bill:

Scone and buter £1.25
2 Teas 80p

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.