• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forum Jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSWR Cavalier

Established Member
Apparently a lot of forged cash is in circulation
Went to the bank to change some notes

'Change a ninety-pound note? Gladly, three thirty-pound notes, or two forty-fivers?', purred the cashier

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MotCO

Established Member
I once heard Dancing Queen played on a didgeridoo by a native Australian - it was an ABBAriginal! (credit Tim Vine)

Established Member
Why is Donald Trump not allowed in the White House?

Because it's for Biden.

Calthrop

Established Member
Not really a joke -- just a possibly-comical thing, noted. In past couple of days, on these Forums (unless it's just a my-computer quirk) -- showing up at top of screen, are sundry "things invited to click on" -- some of same being quiz material: including "Take a Personality Quiz", "Free Traffic Signs Quiz", "Quiz Your Brain", and "Am I Pregnant Quiz". Re the last-named: I have to -- without being sexist -- question its relevance as regards at the very least, 95% of these Forums' participants...

LSWR Cavalier

Established Member
A male cyclist once swapped samples with his ladyfriend before a dope test
'We found no drugs. But did you know you are pregnant?', said the doctor
Could be related to the strange case where Mary had a little lamb

duncanp

Established Member
Ah, that reminds me of the rhyme ...

"Mary had a little lamb,
she also had a bear;
I've often seen Mary's lamb,
but I've never seen her bear!"

:D

And that reminds me of...

Mary had a little sheep
And with the sheep she went to sleep
The sheep in fact it was a ram
So Mary had a little lamb

Calthrop

Established Member
And...

Mary had a little lamb,
She fed it kerosene;
The lamb sat much too near a fire --
Since then it's not benzine.

LSWR Cavalier

Established Member
Is Nomen Omen? Gwyn Topham writes on transport for the Guardian
Is he related to the famous Sir Topham Hatt of that ilk?
Not strictly a joke, but I do want to know

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
By coincidence, some one has sent me the following:

Mary had a little pig,
She kept it fat and plastered;
And when the price of pork went up,
She shot the little *******.

Mary had a little lamb
Her father shot it dead
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.

Jack and Jill went up the hill
To have a little fun
Stupid Jill forgot the pill
And now they have a son.

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the kings' horses,
And all the kings' men
Had scrambled eggs,
For breakfast again.

Hey diddle, diddle, the cat took a piddle,
All over the bedside clock
The little dog laughed to see such fun
Then died of electric shock.

Georgie Porgy pudding and pie,
Kissed the girls and made them cry
And when the boys came out to play,
He kissed them too 'cos he was gay.

There was a little girl who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead..
When she was good, she was very, very good
But when she was bad ......
She got a fur coat, jewels, a waterfront condo and a sports car.

Calthrop

Established Member
See-saw, Margery Daw,
Johnny is being re-mastered;
They're cutting his pay to a penny a day --
Serves him right, too, the dozy young b******.

Hey diddle, diddle, the cat took a piddle,
All over the bedside clock
The little dog laughed to see such fun
Then died of electric shock.
As regards the sequence of events recounted here: the wrong animal would seem to be named as the victim... however, with nursery rhymes -- whether "original" or "modified" -- logic and making sense are generally agreed not to be of great importance.

Bedpan

Established Member
Are these all rhymes you lot learn't at primary school????

I don't remember any of them, although the Jack and Jill one did feature in the all time classic Oops Upside Your Head by The Gap Band.

I can however recall, as I expect we all can...but I'll repeat it anyway, from what would now be about year three, and over 60 years ago

My Friend Billy
Had a ten foot willy
And he showed it to the girl next door
She thought it was a snake
So she hit it with a rake
And now its only five foot four

LSWR Cavalier

Established Member
'Did my vehicle pass the MoT test?', I eagerly asked the mechanic
'Not quite sure how to put this. I think your battery needs a new car', she replied

MotCO

Established Member
I knew someone who had a wooden car.

It had wooden doors, wooden wheels, wooden roof, and wooden go!

david1212

Established Member
Doh oh dear I need more beer,
Ray the steward at the club,
Me I think I'll have more beer,
Far a long way to the pub,
So let's have another beer,
Bar that's where were going to go,
Tea!!, I'd rather have a beer,
Which brings us back to Doh ..........

AndrewE

Established Member
I just heard that the Flat Earth Society are concerned that too much social distancing could push people over the edge...

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
The origin of this joke is unknown, but it was recently Ricky Gervais's response to the question "What's the best joke you've ever heard?". I've embellished slightly as I can't recall Ricky's exact words, and to be honest brevity works better spoken than written:

A holocaust survivor dies at a ripe old age, and finds himself in heaven where he meets God. God asks him to tell a joke, so he tells a joke themed on the most traumatic period in his life, when he was held in captivity by a brutal and hateful regime, thinking that of all beings, The Almighty Creator would appreciate the defiance of such gallows humour. However, God looks at him, stone-faced, and says "That wasn't funny, my child".

The old man replies "Well, I guess you had to be there..."

d9009alycidon

Husband and Wife Xmas Shopping.
A couple were in a busy shopping centre just before Xmas. The wife suddenly noticed that her husband was missing and as they had a lot to do, so she called him on the mobile. The wife said, “where are you, you know we have lots to do.”
He said “you remember the jewellers we went into about 10 years ago, and you fell in love with that diamond necklace? I could not afford it at the time, and I said that one day I would get it for you?”
Little tears started to flow down her cheek, and she got all choked up…… “Yes, I do remember that shop.” She replied.
“Well, I’m in the model shop next door to that.”

Welshman

Established Member
I've been reading an article which claims that penguins are very civilised, and almost human-like in that they care for each other and are known to establish bonds for life.

And you never see a dead penguin, for his friends make the effort to give him a decent burial.

When one of their group dies, they all gather round to pay their tributes and then make a hole in the ice.

Then with great solemnity and decorum, they push his body slowly out of sight and into the water.

Then, still together, they look at eachother, and, as far as they can sing, they form a choir to give a rendition of:-

F'reeeze a Jolly Good Fellow.

d9009alycidon

I've been reading an article which claims that penguins are very civilised, and almost human-like in that they care for each other and are known to establish bonds for life.

And you never see a dead penguin, for his friends make the effort to give him a decent burial.

When one of their group dies, they all gather round to pay their tributes and then make a hole in the ice.

Then with great solemnity and decorum, they push his body slowly out of sight and into the water.

Then, still together, they look at eachother, and, as far as they can sing, they form a choir to give a rendition of:-

F'reeeze a Jolly Good Fellow.

That joke really takes the biscuit!

numpy

Heres an old one.

A little old lady answered a knock on the door one day, only to be confronted by a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner.

"Good morning," said the young man. "If I could take a couple of minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners."

"Go away!" said the old lady. "I haven't got any money!" and she proceeded to close the door.

Quick as a flash, the young man wedged his foot in the door and pushed it wide open. "Don't be too hasty!" he said. "Not until you have at least seen my demonstration."

And with that, he emptied a bucket of horse manure onto her hallway carpet.

"If this vacuum cleaner does not remove all traces of this horse manure from your carpet, Madam, I will personally eat the remainder."

"Well," she said, "I hope you've got a good appetite, because the electricity was cut off this morning.

hst43102

Heres an old one.

A little old lady answered a knock on the door one day, only to be confronted by a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner.

"Good morning," said the young man. "If I could take a couple of minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners."
You can tell it's old - it's from the days of high-powered vacuum cleaners! Welcome to the forum :)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Here's another old one that tends to get circulated widely at this time of year...

_________________________________________________________________________________

The below has been leaked from the American Military.

***** TOP SECRET: CONTACT / COMBAT REPORT *****

**PRIORITY FLASH TRAFFIC***PRIORITY FLASH TRAFFIC**

By USAF Maj. Gen Dymm Witt

To: George W. Bush, White House, Washington DC

CC: Chiefs of Defence Staff, The Pentagon, Washington DC

Iraq; December 25th 2006

On the night of 24th/25th December 2006, I was on duty in the AWACS radar aircraft covering the Iraq region. Shortly after 00.00 hrs, my attention was drawn to a strange return signal on one of the radar screens.

This indicated that a number of unknown aircraft were approaching at a very high speed from the north. The radar return indicated a close formation of eight or nine smaller craft leading one larger craft in a dual line astern formation led by a single smaller craft.

The radar targets were then illuminated with a high powered infra red detection array which revealed that the smaller craft were radiating considerably more heat than the single larger craft, although a prominent heat source was noted at the forward top position on the larger craft.

Further, the eight or nine smaller craft all appeared to be fitted with some kind of strange antenna to their nose cones. Visual examination of the area in which the targets were acquired revealed only a single red light moving south at high speed.

As I observed this formation of unknown craft on screen, it became apparent that the single large craft at the rear of the formation was dropping a large number of small objects. These appeared to be aimed directly at residential areas.

Immediate and urgent attempts were made to identify the craft by means of the IFF equipment; no response was received.

Based on this information, I decided that the craft represented a clear and present danger to the civilian and allied military population of the area and I gave the order to eliminate this danger by whatever means necessary.

A pair of F-16 aircraft were scrambled and, under my guidance, the lead aircraft fired a pair of heat seeking missiles at the unknown formation. The first of these was observed to strike just below the middle of the formation narrowly missing one of the craft, which appeared to deploy a large cloud of chaff. Unfortunately the missile was fooled by the chaff and exploded some feet below the target.

Two of the smaller craft were, however, apparently damaged by this explosion as they were observed to immediately drop several feet out of formation, hanging below the rest of the craft as if suspended by wires. In both cases the forward facing antenna were observed to be drooping downwards, so both craft were clearly out of action at this point.

This appeared to adversely affect the other craft in the formation as the entire formation reduced speed; presumably this was caused by some loss of power to all craft resulting from the explosion. It was noted also that at this point all the remaining craft appeared to deploy large volumes of chaff.

The second missile was more accurately targeted and struck the lead craft directly. This craft appeared to vanish from the screens at that point and can be assumed to have been destroyed. The two craft immediately behind, one leading each wing of the formation, also appear to have been taken out of action by this missile as they appeared to lose power and adopted a nose down attitude.

Although the entire remaining formation was now losing altitude rapidly, it remained airborne so I accordingly instructed the second F-16 to fire two missiles.

These struck simultaneously; one hit the second row of craft in the lead of the formation and the other struck the larger craft at the rear of the formation. Following these explosions I could observe several small craft in an erratic and vertical trajectory downwards while the larger craft appeared to disintegrate and all portions were also observed to be falling to the ground.

I concluded that the targets had all been destroyed and lifted the state of alert, allowing the F-16s to return to base.

A full report from ground troops examining the debris trail are awaited, but initial discoveries are interesting; large numbers of brightly wrapped small objects are scattered across several miles of desert; I have instructed that these be carefully guarded and have re-deployed every bomb disposal operative in Iraq to render these harmless. Further back, a large number of blobs of a mysterious smelly brown semi-liquid chemical compound have been located; this is currently being analysed by the entire regional force of CIA and FBI chemical experts. The body of what may be one crew member has been recovered; this appears to be that of an elderly male with copious white hair who appears to have been wearing some kind of red uniform. Efforts to identify the origin of this uniform are in place with the entire staff of the CIA Military Intelligence Unit. The results are awaited.

**********TRANSMISSION ENDS**********

LSWR Cavalier

Established Member
An American took a guided tour of Leipzig on the tram. He was shown the cemetery and the gigantic Voelkerschlachtdenkmal, Rathaus, Gewandhaus, the enormous trade fair ground. He was not impressed 'you should see Chicago, everything is much bigger there', he laughed

Eventually the Hauptbahnhof came into view. 'What is that gigantic train station!?' gasped the American
'No idea, it was not there last week', chortled the guide

Calthrop

Established Member
Perhaps I'm dim; but I don't get this one about the American in Leipzig. Might some kind and more on-the-ball person, perhaps elucidate?

Status
Not open for further replies.