• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forum member and wnxx moderator passes away

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I just wanted to share the sad news that we've received that @patstonuk (John Patston) has passed away on 17 January. He had been a member here for some time but had been a major presence on wnxx for many years and had been a key member of their staff team. It has been reported that he died of heart failure. For those who are members over on wnxx you can find the thread announcing it here and it's very clear how valued he was and how missed he will be.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

35B

Established Member
I just wanted to share the sad news that we've received that @patstonuk (John Patston) has passed away on 17 January. He had been a member here for some time but had been a major presence on wnxx for many years and had been a key member of their staff team. It has been reported that he died of heart failure. For those who are members over on wnxx you can find the thread announcing it here and it's very clear how valued he was and how missed he will be.
Thank you for posting that gracious tribute; John was a good colleague and his is a very sad loss.

takno

Established Member
Very sad to hear this. I haven't been over to the other side in a while, but John's contributions there were always greatly valued

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I did see it on there and passed on my thoughts.
Very sad. John was a proper gentleman and I was always impressed by the way he handled difficult situations on there.
RIP John and thoughts to all your family.

patstonuk

Hi all, I'm Jim, John's son. Me and my mum as well as other family members would just like to say a big thankyou for all the kind words. Dad had an encyclopaedic knowledge of everything related to the railways and I know he truly loved the discussions that he had with like minded folk from all over. Thanks again. Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.