• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forum Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
On the old forum I just clicked something at the top, I think it was called user cp, to see if any of the issues I had contributed to had any updates. How do I get this now????

Click watched threads at the top. That's the new name for 'Subscribed threads'.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A Challenge

Established Member
Can we increase posts per page ?
20 is a pain. 50 much better
It was 15, I hadn't noticed the change in number and was wondering why the page number had changed on The Next Station Is...!, or whether it actually had!
There doesn't seem to be an easy way to get to the most recent page in a thread from an early page.
You can't go through easily to the first page by just clicking on the name if contains unread posts, there's the dot as well!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
If anyone has an issue please post it here don't PM Mojo as he's a bit busy right now ;)

Qwerty133

Established Member
It was 15, I hadn't noticed the change in number and was wondering why the page number had changed on The Next Station Is...!, or whether it actually had!

You can't go through easily to the first page by just clicking on the name if contains unread posts, there's the dot as well!
15 was the default but a lot of us had set it to 50 as there used to be a choice.

backontrack

Established Member
Still no 'like' button, though that has been long debated. Shame, because there's everything to like about this swish new format.

Only trouble is I can't find the 'edit signature' function. I'm afraid I'd already PM'd Mojo ;):oops:

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Can we increase posts per page ?
20 is a pain. 50 much better

I think there was also the option of 100 per page with the old vB installation.

For the old installation I had http://www.railforums.co.uk/search.php?do=getnew bookmarked to go straight to the unread posts page, what do I need to change that bookmark to?

Also can a insert quote button be added to the posting options (where the bold, italic, underline, etc buttons are), for when anyone is posting a quote from an external source?

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
I also had that already in the old software!

You did? I always had to type in order to make something bold.

There was a button but this required you to highlight your text and all it did was wrap it in those tags. Now, click the Bold button to change to Bold and click it again to change back. Like every other text processor for over a decade :P

A Challenge

Established Member
I think there was also the option of 100 per page with the old vB installation.

For the old installation I had http://www.railforums.co.uk/search.php?do=getnew bookmarked to go straight to the unread posts page, what do I need to change that bookmark to?

Also can a insert quote button be added to the posting options (where the bold, italic, underline, etc buttons are), for when anyone is posting a quote from an external source?
http://www.railforums.co.uk/find-new/955/posts

radamfi

Established Member
Is there a way of converting the time to the 24 hour clock?

Is there a way of changing the date format so month isn't first?

Lrd

Established Member
Mine changed to 971 after I clicked on yours so no idea!
It also goes up each time I click on it so perhaps its the number of unread posts but that doesn't seem right

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
If anyone has an issue please post it here don't PM Mojo as he's a bit busy right now ;)

Further to the above don't PM Mike395 either as he's also busy! Anything you have an issue with please post it here!!

Thanks!

greaterwest

Established Member
As posted in the “Forum Upgrade” thread;

I (and I assume everyone else who had access to it) have lost access to the automated announcements forum.

Otherwise, good upgrade!

backontrack

Established Member
OK, signatures then.

EDIT: Thanks for swapping around :) and :smile: - I think the first one looks better and I like how I can just type : and ) to get it up now.

Don't know how to un-parse smilies, though...

johntea

Established Member
When I logged in the login box remained static at the top (Chrome on my laptop) - not sure if that is meant to 'float' to make it more obvious as it did throw me for a few seconds!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Question from me... in the list of Watched Threads, how do you now see which ones have unread posts? Previously they were bold, here they all seem to be bold regardless of whether they've got new posts or not...

(love the look by the way)

EDIT ignore me I've figured out what's going on!!

ijmad

Established Member
Feels very fast here. Much faster than the vBulletin when loading long threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.