• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forum Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

backontrack

Established Member
Thanks Mike :D Treat yourself to something from the minibar in your cupboard for me.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

backontrack

Established Member
Feels very fast here. Much faster than the vBulletin when loading long threads!

What's really fantastic is that it tells you when there's a new post in the thread you're looking at. And you don't need to reload the page - potentially losing your post - to see them.

A Challenge

Established Member
What's really fantastic is that it tells you when there's a new post in the thread you're looking at. And you don't need to reload the page - potentially losing your post - to see them.
Not unless you're not writing I don't think!

edited

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
Try it. If you're viewing this thread, then press "See them?" and the new post(s) will appear but nothing else will change.

Feels very fast here. Much faster than the vBulletin when loading long threads!

Also, there's no longer a time barrier on posts; meaning no more pesky 'reload in one second' messages; which may explain why it feels faster. If the same applies to PMs then it allows you to have multiple conversations, as they're now known, at once.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Also can a insert quote button be added to the posting options (where the bold, italic, underline, etc buttons are), for when anyone is posting a quote from an external source?

If you click on the plus next to the icon that looks like a strip of film then it will appear.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Okay I adore this new board, it's fantastic. It makes the other forums I frequent look dowdy in comparison!

I will just add my vote to Tapatalk support too :)

Mikey C

Established Member
Well done for upgrading the software so quickly, and with so few glitches. If only real world train and infrastructure upgrades went so smoothly :D

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Well done for upgrading the software so quickly, and with so few glitches. If only real world train and infrastructure upgrades went so smoothly :D

This has been in the pipeline for a year or so and has somewhat overrun from our originally planned timescale, so that bit at least is like real world upgrades! :lol:

bearhugger

Now that the avatar shape has changed, some avatars (mine for example) will have to be remastered — there is no information on the optimal size for that, which appears to be 96×96 pixels.
I uploaded a new avatar as my old one had been resized and wasn’t displaying correctly. I’m pretty sure the original size of my new avatar was much bigger than 96x96 pixels (as you say, no guidance to size), but I resized the picture from ~3.5MB to ~270kb Maybe the new forum software automatically resizes the original file if too big?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
This has been in the pipeline for a year or so and has somewhat overrun from our originally planned timescale, so that bit at least is like real world upgrades! :lol:

Somewhat?! You were planning this when I joined the Forum Staff in 2012! :lol:

Mikey C

Established Member

In that case I take back my comment and instead will blame the Government/Nationalised Network Rail/Health and Safety/Privatisation/Bombardier/Siemens/The EU (delete as applicable)

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
I am just enjoying having the title of the thread at the top of the thread even when you are not on the first page tbh!!

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
Crossover reports (but isn't able to post) that the 'View First Unread' button does not appear on mobile.

Skimble19

Established Member
Crossover reports (but isn't able to post) that the 'View First Unread' button does not appear on mobile.
Just logged in on my phone (using Chrome on a Galaxy Note 8) and can confirm that button doesnt seem to be showing for me either.

On a positive note though the font sizes are perfect on here, oddly enough for the first ever time it's currently easier to browse the forum on my phone than my iPad :lol: I also like how items such as the Edit Post button are tucked away in a little menu rather than cluttering it up.

dk1

Veteran Member
Any change will take me a while to get used too but hey, this isn't bad at all. Cheers!

A Challenge

Established Member
Just logged in on my phone (using Chrome on a Galaxy Note 8) and can confirm that button doesnt seem to be showing for me either.

On a positive note though the font sizes are perfect on here, oddly enough for the first ever time it's currently easier to browse the forum on my phone than my iPad :lol: I also like how items such as the Edit Post button are tucked away in a little menu rather than cluttering it up.
I don't get the last poster name on mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.