• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forums Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveHarries

Established Member
Afternoon all,

Not sure why it is but, over the last 24-48 hours, my browser (Google Chrome), which has never previously given me anything odd when accessing this site, has now started giving me the attached message when I access the site.

I haven't altered any settings at my end and I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem? I attach a screenshot of the full message for clarification: could it be something that one of the forum staff can sort?

Dave

Attachments

• rfwarning.jpg
    rfwarning.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 31

ld0595

Afternoon all,

Not sure why it is but, over the last 24-48 hours, my browser (Google Chrome), which has never previously given me anything odd when accessing this site, has now started giving me the attached message when I access the site.

I haven't altered any settings at my end and I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem? I attach a screenshot of the full message for clarification: could it be something that one of the forum staff can sort?

Dave

Same problem here on Chrome too. Was working fine earlier today but now getting the same problem. I reported it to Google so hopefully something will be sorted out.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
I am getting warnings also as well as downloads of a program called "download"

Using Chrome on a Windows 8.3 system

N Levers

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Ah; this saves me from having to post asking what was going on - I just had this same thing via Chrome right now.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Still reporting a problem with Firefox a couple of hours ago, but when I re-visited just now the warning has gone.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Don't know if this is relevant, but I just had something start downloading without my doing anything to initiate that - no idea what it was; I cancelled the download.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Don't know if this is relevant, but I just had something start downloading without my doing anything to initiate that - no idea what it was; I cancelled the download.

Like I said, that happened to me...

Still flagging up on Chrome

Johnuk123

Established Member
I've had an unasked for file download from here as well, 518 bytes, BitDefender scanned it as no problem

Site being flagged up as unsafe and now downloading unwanted files tells me something serious is up.

backontrack

Established Member
Not sure if this would help, but if you are using Chrome, then you may want to click on the menu bar in the top right corner (looks like three bars or a 'hamburger') and go to settings. Then go to the left and click Extensions. Scroll down and delete any extensions with 'Spigot', 'Genieo' or 'Searchme' in them - first by disabling them by unchecking the box, and then by pressing the bin icon. Sometimes these are related to Amazon or eBay.

These are all adware extensions.

GarethW

On iPad through Safari every click to and on this site is getting flagged as aPhishing site.

Tiresome to say the least, not had this issue with any other website.

markindurham

Fixed the underlying issue - Firefox uses Google's verification system and we've requested the site to be re-reviewed.

Thanks for that - running FF on a W10 laptop here, and got alerts when I logged on just a few minutes ago...

theironroad

Established Member
Well I'm still getting denied access on Firefox (android) which I cant override, which is a shame as I find railforum easier to read on Firefox compared to chrome.

HSTEd

Veteran Member
The university of manchester Unified Threat Management System is denying access to this website due to the phishing registration.

This is problematic for me.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Still having issues - this is what I get every time I try to click a link

Attachments

• Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.