• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forums Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Don't know which forum staff member to contact about this but Firefox is currently flagging the forum as a web forgery

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tracked

Established Member
I had the message, ignored it and got a red bar at the top of the page with an option to report it to Firefox as incorrectly flagged

miami

Established Member
Happens on iOS too. Perhaps a hacked advert?

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Fixed the underlying issue - Firefox uses Google's verification system and we've requested the site to be re-reviewed.

341o2

Established Member
had this as well, a moment's consideration as the other forum I use, Photocamel, was hacked last year. Given the option to inform Google that this site is not a web forgery

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Cannot use the site at this time 10:21 on a Mac, Safari is reporting it as fraudulent and appears to be using a Google phishing check.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Cannot use the site at this time 10:21 on a Mac, Safari is reporting it as fraudulent and appears to be using a Google phishing check.

l use a Mac and Safari and l've just had to click 'lgnore.'

mbreckers

Getting it on Chrome as well, I reported a problem with ******* links on the twitter Railforums leading to the wrong place yesterday, dont know if the two are related

hounddog

Me too. Logged in ok first thing this morning but since then I've been getting the second message on Trainfan's posting.

stuartyoung

Today after coming to check the forums, a "warning phishing site". Does anybody know why this is coming up?

ComUtoR

Established Member
There is already a thread about this and it has also been mentioned on other threads.

Although it flashed up as a phishing site or whatever warning popped up on your browser you still choose to log in.

Congratulations, you win the internet :/

Ps mods are already aware.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Mike395 and Mojo have been looking into this, but my understanding is that this is the same problem as before, and Google Ads have caused this. Here's an example of others else having what appears to be the same problem: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/adsense/szfNNkPrkLI It keeps happening and Google don't seem to be able to prevent it.

Today after coming to check the forums, a "warning phishing site". Does anybody know why this is coming up?
I've moved this into the existing thread...
Fixed the underlying issue - Firefox uses Google's verification system and we've requested the site to be re-reviewed.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I'm using Safari and a Mac and haven't had any problems on the laptop (I haven't been on the computer at all today). The search engine on the laptop is Bing though so maybe that has something to do with it. I've also been typing the URL in directly so that also might prevent it.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Google detected a positive comment about Class 387 seating and assumed the site had been hacked...

g4mby

I had the message, ignored it and got a red bar at the top of the page with an option to report it to Firefox as incorrectly flagged
Same here and what must now be five hours ago I sent message to advise that RailUKforums is not a site that should be treated as suspicious.

For what it's worth I'm no longer seeing any warnings using Chrome, Chromium or Firefox on Ubuntu (Linux) 15.10.

Edit - after a recent reboot I'm seeing the warning again.

Last edited:

Latecomer

I just had the same via Firefox. I was given the opportunity to submit a form to google stating it isn't - which I did. Oh and the new security thing caused me issues with google search and a few other sites for a few days until it all got resolved. That was a few weeks back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.