• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fotopic Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P156KWJ

Established Member
Snappy designs (traded as fotopic) has gone in to liquidation and its future is uncertain. My site is just coming up as the page not existing (error 404). So we're all in the same boat :(

D306

Established Member
great! Now i gotta build 2 websites now. A railway one and a general photograpy. How fun is this going to be. May as well get started now

LilLoaf

Sure it'll be fine, lets not jump to conclusions, give it a few days, i thought mine was taken ages to load up like.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Why not use Coppermine rather than building your own?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Would any RailUK users benefit from being able to upload more photographs to their RailUK albums through vBulletin. All registered users benefit from 30 uploads but there are restricted dimentions and sized. Apply to join "Extra photo space" Usergroup for up to 100 photos and more lenient restrictions on a temporary basis. I also wonder if it's worth providing a Coppermine gallery for users to use as that's a bit more like Fotopic.

D306

Established Member
seeing as I'm fed up with all these outrages from fotopic, i've decided to make my own website now. http://ukrailphoto.50webs.com/ please note that this is the first website I've made and there could be some typos in the pages as well. it's not pro or anything, but it's something

Z12XE

Its sad if its true, Fotopic is very useful in that you could put a unit/loco number or place name into the search box and there would normally be loads of photos from different eras.

Although what I wont miss is where the whole world and his wife have gallerys that contain 20 shots of the same train with 0.5 of a second between them!

Established Member
Interesting thought for the day.......my avatar is still working (Fotopic thumbnail).

If it doesn't come back, I will have to carry on with Railpictures for the good stuff whilst I evaluate where to host the rest of the rubbish.

LilLoaf

I only set up my website a few weeks ago and its the 1st one i've done, was really proud of myself because i don't know how to work PC's al that well.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
A few points:

Fotopic.net was a URL and not the name of the company, it was de-listed months ago when Snappy Designs bought fotopic.

Snappy Designs is functioning normally and is not out of business.

No major changes were made to the pricing structure etc since SD bought fotopic and if there were financial concerns I am sure SD would at least have made some attempts to effect a turnaround by upping the prices.

Fotopic's server host is working fine although fotopic was delisted at around 9.30 yesterday.

There is nothing from any news source saying that fotopic has gone out of business.

Further information can be found here:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/former-fotopic-users/browse_frm/thread/188ab0266f002d1d

You'll need to sign up to Google Groups to read it though.

Hopefully for all concerned there will be a positive outcome to this situation.

Matt

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Interesting thought for the day.......my avatar is still working (Fotopic thumbnail).
If you check the URL, your avatar is actually stored on railforums.co.uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.