• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fotopic Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P156KWJ

Established Member
lol. 7 hours worth of work I think you'll find

please don't say that your photos are stored on 50webs

The images are from URL. I created my account at 2300 and finished at 0430, so a long time for me too seeing as a lot of it I had to write all myself, seeing as the editor is stupid and doesn't let you change font style or size without editing HTML all the time :roll::lol:

D306

Established Member
The images are from URL. I created my account at 2300 and finished at 0430, so a long time for me too seeing as a lot of it I had to write all myself, seeing as the editor is stupid and doesn't let you change font style or size without editing HTML all the time :roll::lol:

yeh, I cheated really. I started yesterday at about 5:00pm and finsihed for the night at 8pm. then I started again this morning from about 10am and finished about 2:30pm so I got a nice long break :lol:

nath9425

When you learn the art of CSS and DIV Tags you will be well away ... ;)

class 313

Established Member
I love it how everyone is now making their own sites when several of us have been ahead of the game for a good while now :)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Why are we posting links to WebCHeck for links to railway companies (or firms with the same name as railway companies)?

nath9425

Having given up on fotopic due to advice from other people I have now got a new gallery at http://connersgallery.railfoto.co.uk/.
A brilliant and simple to use free service that you can find at http://www.railfoto.co.uk/.

What was that ... ? "Powered by zenPHOTO" Oh right! Thats what I run on my website and have made it totally customisable ... no adverts and it looks pritty :lol:

Class 313 said:
I love it how everyone is now making their own sites when several of us have been ahead of the game for a good while now

Completely agree, theres nothing cooler than having your own site and laughing when the many 10's of people's (I was amazed at how many people use foto****itpic) :p sites go down!

Liam said:
Apart from the fact that Firefox and many other associated browsers cock them up

I have only ever had trouble with Internet Explorer not listening to my positioning rules correctly! Apart from that everything went smooth as clockwork ... maybe firefox is not listening to your positioning either?
CSS was a life saver for me really - next step is editable templates! :shock:

At home in North London, wishing I was bashing a t
I find it odd that everyone is setting up new sites dispite there being no conclusive evidence to confirm that fotopic has kicked the bucket, I very much believe that simply their servers are down.

Personally, if I can't have a fotopic website then I don't really want one at all, fotopic is unique, it make my life easier, and there are are far more features available with it than flickr or 50webs can offer, such as the search feature.

Phoenix

Established Member
To be honest I have been making considerations to make my own site but have it for all my photography not just the railways.
And really I feel myself being thrown toward many avenues of what to take shots of.
Another option people is Deviant art but then again I would only use that for a few select shots not the everyday shots.

Established Member
If you check the URL, your avatar is actually stored on railforums.co.uk.

Ah I see........that's why I don't do my own site, what I know about making a web site would fit on the back of a postage stamp!

I have loaded a few photos on to Flikr to have a play around with, but not convinced that I like it that much to stay with it in the long term. Will wait and see what happens with Fotopic during the next few days, if it does turn out to be bad news then I will probably restrict myself to Railpictures whilst pondering the next move.

class 313

Established Member
Another option people is Deviant art but then again I would only use that for a few select shots not the everyday shots.

DeviantArt is an option I guess but I don't think it suits the snappy take 100 shots in one day kind of thing if you get me.

Z12XE

Apart from the fact that Firefox and many other associated browsers cock them up <(

If coded correctly, Firefox will display them correctly. However IE may cause problems, although I believe the latest version is better than previous for mis-handling valid code.

devon_metro

Established Member
If coded correctly, Firefox will display them correctly. However IE may cause problems, although I believe the latest version is better than previous for mis-handling valid code.

Since the last ff version a websites rendering built in css has changed where before it rendered correctly. I'm told it's a bug with firefox as it loads perfectly in safari.

Status
Not open for further replies.