• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fotopic Update- Sussex Slammer & Last Southern Slammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nitro

Nice pictures joy especially the last slammer leaving Gatwick Airport and the departure boards showing the last slammer in service :D

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Some great shots there, really captured the atmosphere of that last tour :)

Coxster

Established Member
Glad to see you made the 31s in time after abandoning us at Gatwick ;) You could have stayed with us and gone with Dennis as he left us at Brighton.

joy54.gen

I realised that in my planning, but I needed to do the 31s in the light and also for a period of time that would be worthwhile for me to travel out there, so I made my descion based on those factors.

Dennis

Established Member
I actually missed the 31's - to save the £££'s, I was going to get them from Sailsbury to Trowbridge (and probably on to Bristol) but was 25mins late getting into Salisbury. Don't think the train went faster than 40MPH all the way to Woking, apparently due to 'congestion' on the line.

Annoyingly, we were held at Laverstock tunnel to let the 31's in front and could smell the fumes as we followed through the tunnel. No worries though - had a laugh on a 158 with some Newport County fans instead.

BTW - couple of my pics from today are at
http://dennis-lance.fotopic.net/c775232.html

Where 58's still operate in commercial service...
Hope you enjoyed the day.
Don't worry about that mate.

I had a black coat and a Yellow NS umbrella with me (you never know in the UK)

After the slammer was gone I went to Modelzone.... the Shop in Brighton is even wors than the one at Holborn. On the way back to London I alighted at Clapham Jcn where a Heritage loco was photographed by me in the last sunlight of that day.

Around 9pm I went back to my B&B in Sydenham (Ldn Bridge - Croydon line)
Where I bought a cold beer, and druk it while waching my photo's..... ;)

48 hours in London gave me the feeling of being home again.

Status
Not open for further replies.