• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fotopic Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill EWS

Hi,
I haven't done much with BVE throughout the summer but slowly getting back to running some trains and will play more over the winter. I updated the latest Edinburgh-Aberdeen files and the scenery and track/points certainly show improvments.

The latest updates to my Fotopic web site are the inclusions of railway outings when in Chicago back in late October, when we went out to Bensenville, 17 miles north of Chicago, but sadly got there after a serious signal problem when few freight trains ran. The weather was pretty bleak too.

However, we had better luck when going up to Rochelle, which is about 70 miles north. This is where the Union Pacific and BNSF lines meet and cross on the level. It's an extremely busy junction with over 200 freight trains booked daily. Being a very popular spot for train spotting, they have built a covered platform between the two main lines with seats and a small garden ith a Barbaque set up. A speaker linked to the control keeps you
informed of what's about. There is also a small railway museum on the site.

The third new section is from a visit to Glasgow when up there for a weekend event back in November. Again, it wasn't very bright that Sunday morning but as I hadn't been to Glasgow for some years, it was interesting seeing Central station again, which has been nicely brightened up for it's centenary celebration, which took place a couple of weeks later.

You will find the Rochelle webcam, and others, at: www.trains.com

Don't forget to check out my updates and older photo sections, at:
http://billreid678.fotopic.net

Cheers.

BillEWS.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.