• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Foulest Smelling Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

Some stations pong in a nasty way. I always thought that Wapping on the ELL smells of the river Thames and winkles. . Which station do you nominate?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
Having experienced the toilets there I can see why so many people opt for the subway... :lol:

Gizmogle

Established Member
Last time I went to Euston it stunk of sewage.
I guess that's what happens when you have a station full a pendos

devon_metro

Established Member
From my experience... Birmingham Snow Hill. Nice tram and good old Central 150/1 but there was a sewer problem and it was disgusting!

Simming

Looe or penzance, sometimes if the winds right they can smell like a camborne girls minge

Dennis

Established Member
Bridgwater station was simply horrendous on occasions when the adjacent cellophane factory was open.

This used to use carbon disulphide as a solvent for the cellulose used to make the film and one of the main impurities of was hydrogen sulphide. This gas has a distinct odour of rotten eggs which would pervade the whole town. Quite dreadful when this occurred, although no longer a problem as the cellophane works is now closed down.

H

HR2

I am reliably informed that there is a tunnel on the NLL [Dalston I think] that reeks of poo/pee because of a broken sewer below. Of course given this blameless day and age no-one wants to take responsiblity for mending it. Seems to have been that way for 3+ years.

Sprog

Established Member
Ill 4th Bridgewater......

erm...most SR stations...

smell of urine and everything else in the often narrow, badly-lit underpasses is quite stomach turning.

Dennis

Established Member
The reason a lot of stations are a bit pongy is because of the number of people who seem to think they are public urinals. However, the bloke in Mr Jordy's sig looks like he's going to go one better and give the 37 a hose down. Thankfully, the avatar puts this scene into context.

AJP wont like that:lol:
I have to admit that Doncaster does smell, usually unwashed veg but there's also a dodgy smell when GNER mk4 sets pull in, dont know if anyone else has noticed this...

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Spondon is pretty bad. I've only been on trains that have stopped one or two times, and never actually got off, but that was bad enough. It's to do with a factory next to the station AFAIK. Cantley in Norfolk smells quite bad aswell, due to the sugar beet factory.

alan barton

Warrington Bank Quay when the wind carry's the strong smell of soap powder from the adjacent factory,used to be Joseph Crosfields Ltd now owned by Inios, a Dutch company I believe.

TheSlash

Established Member
Woolston
Bitterne
St Denys
Southampton Central
Millbrook
Redbridge
Swaythling

and anywhere on the Western Region except Plymouth

metrocammel

Warrington Bank Quay when the wind carry's the strong smell of soap powder from the adjacent factory,used to be Joseph Crosfields Ltd now owned by Inios, a Dutch company I believe.

Isn't it Unilever who own the soap factory? (and IMO it smells quite nice - it hides the smell of the rotten platform-end festering vegetables there).

Last time I went to Euston it stunk of sewage.
I guess that's what happens when you have a station full a pendos

Your quite right about Euston - whenever the doors of the pendo's open it smells like an dodgy underpass.
But Euston is (and has been since they demolised the old Doric Arch) a ****-hole anyway. (Theres times when I think 60's arhitecture has a quirky modernist touch - but Euston is just plain horrible - though it was (re) opened on my Birthday by the queen- a few years before me however!)

Status
Not open for further replies.