• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fragonset 31's on Wessex Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam

Having given up on my hobby due to the demise of most loco hauled in the past few years, i came out of retirement in 2004 when i discovered 31's were back on the Brighton and Weymouths.

But pretty soon they were gone again :(

I know the last official working was in December 04, but i did manage to get a couple of pairs in 05 the last being in november of that year.

What i would like to know is what and when was the very last working for Wessex trains ??? And when did they leave the area ?

Hope someone can help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Last time I was up there there was an ex-Wessex Class 31 in a siding at Derby.

Dennis

Established Member
http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3223 has details of the last workings, IIRC they did not run on the 19th. Coincidentally, the 26th was also the last ever mainline run of a slammer.

Regarding the coaching stock, it has only recently moved from Westbury where one side had recieved plenty of attention from graffiti vandals. The locos were redeployed quite soon except 31459 which remained at Westbury for many months.

Status
Not open for further replies.