• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

France/Italy Ticket Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

duesselmartin

Established Member
Hello all.
I have booked Nice St. Augustin to Alassio over the SNCF site. The tickets arrived in the post today being split at Ventimiglia, changing trains there.
Specific times are printed in the ticket. It also states IC befode the train number. The timetable suggests however a regional service.
Am I bound by those times or are they just a suggestion?
It states Tarif Normal in the ticket.
Thanks in advance.
Martin

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Hello all.
I have booked Nice St. Augustin to Alassio over the SNCF site. The tickets arrived in the post today being split at Ventimiglia, changing trains there.
Specific times are printed in the ticket. It also states IC befode the train number. The timetable suggests however a regional service.
Am I bound by those times or are they just a suggestion?
It states Tarif Normal in the ticket.
Thanks in advance.
Martin
This is what Seat61 says: "Local and regional (TER) trains just have one fixed price fare, usually termed Tarif normal. These tickets are valid for one journey on any train leaving until midnight on the day after you validate it in the little composter machines on the platform." So you've got a flexible ticket.

dutchflyer

Established Member
In IT ALL long-dist. trains, so also all IC are with compulsory REServation since a few yrs. And are also non-interchangeable with local fares!!

duesselmartin

Established Member
While SNCF shows the Italian section as an IC, the Trenitalia app shows it as a regional. Also the fare of €6.50 suggests it is an R train. So hopefully all is ok an no strikes in the 8th and 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.