• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Free bus travel for ghosts, vampires, witches etc. in Leeds this evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
Arriva Yorkshire are offering free travel to anyone in Halloween fancy dress this evening on bus routes 163 and 166:

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/Frankenbus-Halloween.aspx

We couldn't let Halloween go past without celebrating our amazing electric 'Frankenbus' being brought to life.

Passengers wearing Halloween fancy dress can travel for free from 4pm till midnight on Thursday 31st October on any 163/166 bus service.

The 163/166 is operated exclusively by hybrid electric buses. The buses were brought to life Frankenstein style back in April when they arrived on the 163/166 route. Local businesses and schools all got involved in the launch video to celebrate the arrival. Over 5000 people have already seen the video, you can take a look here

We've also got a free Yorkshire weekly saver ticket up for grabs to the passenger in the best fancy dress costume. Send us a photo of you travelling on the bus in your costume to [email protected] and we'll pick the winner on Friday 1st November.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

telstarbox

Established Member
Presumably for promotional reasons, but not sure if this is a good idea or not - fancy dressers go free but low-paid employees who have to get the bus to work have to pay?

pemma

Veteran Member
Presumably for promotional reasons, but not sure if this is a good idea or not - fancy dressers go free but low-paid employees who have to get the bus to work have to pay?

I imagine there's loads of places doing promotions for people in fancy dress this evening but Arriva Yorkshire may be the only one doing a transport promotion.

Deerfold

Veteran Member

People going to work are more likely to have a season ticket anyway - it's a promotion to get people going out on the bus why may not have been catching it anyway.

Not many people travelling to work would manage to catch the bus both ways during the times of the promotion anyway.

Temple Meads

Established Member

Ah it's only a bit of fun!

Although generally I'm really a bit of a scrooge where Halloween is concerned - the lights will be staying off in my house this evening :P

starrymarkb

Established Member
I wish Stagecoach Exeter were doing something - I'm going to have to walk/bus across town this evening.

If you see someone dressed as Abbath (of Immortal) walking through Heavitree that'll be me ;)

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I wish Stagecoach Exeter were doing something - I'm going to have to walk/bus across town this evening.

If you see someone dressed as Abbath (of Immortal) walking through Heavitree that'll be me ;)

Well that narrows it down a little, but will you not be wearing anything distinctive?

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
My initial reaction was similar to that of Telstarbox. Then I decided that as it was intended to promote the new buses on one particular route, it can't be a bad thing.

Welshman

Established Member
I suppose it's not as bad as just running a skeleton service.

34D

Established Member
The buses on that route are hybrids, and known as Frankenbuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.