Free First Capital Connect tickets

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Edvid, 3 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edvid

Edvid Member

I'm still waiting for them...

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. transportphoto

transportphoto Established Member Quizmaster

Nope, no news here either.

TP

4. Bungle73

Bungle73 On Moderation

They don't go out until the 7th.

5. transportphoto

They changed it to the week beginning the 31st didn't they? Thats this week.

TP

6. Bungle73

Bungle73 On Moderation

Where did you hear that? When I applied it said the 7th, and the offer wasn't up for long after that.

7. transportphoto

The page has been pulled but it was on the FCC website at some point :smile:

8. scotsman

scotsman Established Member

I ordered them with no intention of using them - I'm now in a position to use them. Yaldi!

9. kennythelad

kennythelad Member

Still waiting, but have started getting the updates you had to sign up to, so hopefully tickets will arrive soon.

10. Bungle73

Bungle73 On Moderation

I haven't received a thing.
    --- old post above --- --- new post below ---
    Mine have just this minute arrived! :grin:

11. Deerfold

Deerfold Established Member

Mine just landed on the mat - time to make plans.

EDIT: Hmm, wonder if BoJ is allowed? Could I do Kings X - Hitchin - Cambridge?

Last edited: 4 Nov 2011
  12. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Veteran Member

What kind of tickets are they? Anytimes?

13. tony_mac

tony_mac Established Member

I wondered about BoJ, but it says on the back that they are subject to the NRCoC, which allows break of journey unless there are advertised restrictions.

14. Bungle73

Bungle73 On Moderation

It doesn't say anything about any peak-time restrictions so I'm assuming you can use them at any time?

15. MrCub

MrCub Member

Received mine this morning. A nice simple book of five 'scratch off the date and fill in the destination' tickets with seemingly no peak time restrictions.

16. Edvid

Edvid Member

Got mine less than 10 minutes ago. :D I've never seen scratchcard tickets before so I wasn't sure what to expect.

17. Bungle73

Bungle73 On Moderation

Me neither.

18. Harlesden

Harlesden Member

Do you think they'll catch on? Half the passengers in a carriage scratching away furiously as the ticket inspector appears

19. Lrd

Lrd Established Member

It say's on the back that they are valid for a return journey, which was a nice little surprise, thought they would be singles. So five free return journeys for a few emails every now and then :p

20. Deerfold

They've obviously been designed for something else - the dates start in 2010. Do they give these out as compensation?

Are there many ungated FCC stations?

21. SAPhil

SAPhil Member

They give two free ones to every annual season ticket holder (although they're not a lot of use!) and they did give them out as compensation to other non-annual season ticket holders following the lack of drivers fiasco in 2009/10

22. jon0844

jon0844 Veteran Member

This suggests I was right when I suspected they were just clearing out the scratchcards that were going to expire on Dec 31st 2011 and be fit only for the bin. Fair play that they thought to do something positive than just scrap them.

I got two as a Gold Card season ticket holder, so maybe they didn't sell as many season tickets this year (or last) - which is why they had a load in a cupboard.

Given the publicity here, Twitter and other forums, they obviously stopped the offer when they ran out of them quicker than they thought they would!

I haven't even had the two tickets I'm entitled to get for my season ticket in 2011 yet - so I hope that when I do these will be for 2011/2012!

23. bignosemac

bignosemac Established Member

Is their any reason why these cannot be used on a through rail/bus journey to Hunstanton or Wells-next-the-Sea?

24. jon0844

jon0844 Veteran Member

These are in the FCC timetable aren't they? If so, I can't see why you couldn't use it on the buses. I'm told that the RPI that caused me so much grief is now working further up the line, so maybe you'll see him up there and can put it to the test? :)

I think it was already mentioned elsewhere that it could be interesting to see what happens if you tried to use it on the route run jointly by FCC and SET!

The bizarre thing is that the more of the FCC network you paid for on your annual season, the less you got 'free' with these passes! Someone with an annual Hatfield>Welham Green season gets two return journeys, just as someone from Peterborough to Brighton!

Wagn also used to give first class passes, which FCC kept up for no more than one or two years. These covered the entire network for a day, not a specified route, but needed to be shown with your season ticket. These passes can be given away to anyone as they're not linked to any season/person.

25. Deerfold

They're only valid on FCC services. Whilst you can get through tickets these won't be valid onthe bus.

26. northernrail2009

northernrail2009 Member

Got mine today so just wanted to know could i use them to get to Brighton for a day trip before Christmas and also could i leave London and back to London at anytime of the day or is it after 09.30am out of London?

27. bignosemac

bignosemac Established Member

Well, I think I'll write Hunstanton on one of them and see what happens! No great shakes if its refused on the bus. I can either stay in Kings Lynn or pay for the bus.

28. Deerfold

That looks to be fine. There's no time restrictions noted on the ticket except that return journeys must be complete by 0230 on the day after that scratched off.

29. TEW

TEW Established Member

These are standard tickets issued by First Group. I know FGW offer Standard and First Class versions, of course these provide a slightly larger benefit when given out free to annual season ticket holders.

30. scotsman

scotsman Established Member

Is break of journey permitted on these?

31. jon0844

jon0844 Veteran Member

If you have a first class season, you'd get the first class scratchcards. I guess they opted to chuck these away than give them out free!

My wife just called from home to say that she got her 5 and I didn't get any (but I realised after it's one application per household so that's as it should be - just wish I'd given another address!!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.