• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Free First Capital Connect tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
They changed it to the week beginning the 31st didn't they? Thats this week.

TP

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
The page has been pulled but it was on the FCC website at some point :smile:

scotsman

Established Member
I ordered them with no intention of using them - I'm now in a position to use them. Yaldi!

kennythelad

Still waiting, but have started getting the updates you had to sign up to, so hopefully tickets will arrive soon.

Bungle73

On Moderation
Still waiting, but have started getting the updates you had to sign up to, so hopefully tickets will arrive soon.

I haven't received a thing.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Mine have just this minute arrived! :grin:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Mine just landed on the mat - time to make plans.

EDIT: Hmm, wonder if BoJ is allowed? Could I do Kings X - Hitchin - Cambridge?

Last edited:

tony_mac

Established Member
I wondered about BoJ, but it says on the back that they are subject to the NRCoC, which allows break of journey unless there are advertised restrictions.

MrCub

Received mine this morning. A nice simple book of five 'scratch off the date and fill in the destination' tickets with seemingly no peak time restrictions.

Edvid

Established Member
Got mine less than 10 minutes ago. :D I've never seen scratchcard tickets before so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Harlesden

Got mine less than 10 minutes ago. :D I've never seen scratchcard tickets before so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Do you think they'll catch on? Half the passengers in a carriage scratching away furiously as the ticket inspector appears

Lrd

Established Member
It say's on the back that they are valid for a return journey, which was a nice little surprise, thought they would be singles. So five free return journeys for a few emails every now and then :p

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Do you think they'll catch on? Half the passengers in a carriage scratching away furiously as the ticket inspector appears

They've obviously been designed for something else - the dates start in 2010. Do they give these out as compensation?

Are there many ungated FCC stations?

SAPhil

They've obviously been designed for something else - the dates start in 2010. Do they give these out as compensation?

They give two free ones to every annual season ticket holder (although they're not a lot of use!) and they did give them out as compensation to other non-annual season ticket holders following the lack of drivers fiasco in 2009/10

jon0844

Veteran Member

Are there many ungated FCC stations?

This suggests I was right when I suspected they were just clearing out the scratchcards that were going to expire on Dec 31st 2011 and be fit only for the bin. Fair play that they thought to do something positive than just scrap them.

I got two as a Gold Card season ticket holder, so maybe they didn't sell as many season tickets this year (or last) - which is why they had a load in a cupboard.

Given the publicity here, Twitter and other forums, they obviously stopped the offer when they ran out of them quicker than they thought they would!

I haven't even had the two tickets I'm entitled to get for my season ticket in 2011 yet - so I hope that when I do these will be for 2011/2012!

bnm

Established Member
Is their any reason why these cannot be used on a through rail/bus journey to Hunstanton or Wells-next-the-Sea?

jon0844

Veteran Member
These are in the FCC timetable aren't they? If so, I can't see why you couldn't use it on the buses. I'm told that the RPI that caused me so much grief is now working further up the line, so maybe you'll see him up there and can put it to the test? :)

I think it was already mentioned elsewhere that it could be interesting to see what happens if you tried to use it on the route run jointly by FCC and SET!

The bizarre thing is that the more of the FCC network you paid for on your annual season, the less you got 'free' with these passes! Someone with an annual Hatfield>Welham Green season gets two return journeys, just as someone from Peterborough to Brighton!

Wagn also used to give first class passes, which FCC kept up for no more than one or two years. These covered the entire network for a day, not a specified route, but needed to be shown with your season ticket. These passes can be given away to anyone as they're not linked to any season/person.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Is their any reason why these cannot be used on a through rail/bus journey to Hunstanton or Wells-next-the-Sea?

They're only valid on FCC services. Whilst you can get through tickets these won't be valid onthe bus.

Got mine today so just wanted to know could i use them to get to Brighton for a day trip before Christmas and also could i leave London and back to London at anytime of the day or is it after 09.30am out of London?

bnm

Established Member
Well, I think I'll write Hunstanton on one of them and see what happens! No great shakes if its refused on the bus. I can either stay in Kings Lynn or pay for the bus.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Got mine today so just wanted to know could i use them to get to Brighton for a day trip before Christmas and also could i leave London and back to London at anytime of the day or is it after 09.30am out of London?

That looks to be fine. There's no time restrictions noted on the ticket except that return journeys must be complete by 0230 on the day after that scratched off.

TEW

Established Member
These are standard tickets issued by First Group. I know FGW offer Standard and First Class versions, of course these provide a slightly larger benefit when given out free to annual season ticket holders.

jon0844

Veteran Member
If you have a first class season, you'd get the first class scratchcards. I guess they opted to chuck these away than give them out free!

My wife just called from home to say that she got her 5 and I didn't get any (but I realised after it's one application per household so that's as it should be - just wish I'd given another address!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.