• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Free Flight Sim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Anyone ever come across this before? Not tried it myself but it looks good. It appears to be a highly detailed simulation with a few fansites who have made a number off add-ons (like BVE but for the skies ;)).

http://www.flightgear.org/index.shtml

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Turbostar

I've had a quick look at the website - WOW! If it's free like u said, & not a demo, it's certainly something. Will have a more detailed look at the site next time.

Mart

Ben

Its Good but if you want it to work well you need a Joystick. :)

Nathan

Yes i remember downloading last year i had no joystick so it wasnt much fun for me. However the concorde i had meant that i was able to take off by using the trims, that was intereting. But it does demand if i can recall a good frame rate like any other simulator. I did find aswell back then a good online combat flight simulator:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/frindex.html

And i still have it, great fun!

mbonwick

Established Member
I have it aswell, but its **** without a joystick, and my pc doesn't really have good enough specs as I get about 4 fps.

LondonBVE

I have downloaded it. Anyone knows how to drive a plane with a keyboard i only know how to crash a helicopter and let a plane drop below the ground. Any tutorial, i saw one yesterday but then could not find it today.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Those who are struggling with keyboards, try using the mouse. Right click once when running the sim and that will switch mouse control on, then just use the mouse in the same way as the joystick (remembering that forward makes the plane pitch down, and backwards makes it pitch up). Unless you have rudder pedels, it's a good idea to switch auto co-ordination on, since this will automatically co-ordinate the ailerons and rudder for smooth turns. If you right click again, it will move the view around, which is particularly good on the 3d cockpits, and left clicking whilst in this mode will put the view back to the default position. Another right click and you are back to the start and can press buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.