• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Free postal ticket delivery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
Chiltern, I just made an attempt to book a ticket enough in the future and got the following:
1603294048461.png1603294048461.png

I used Chiltern a couple of years ago for this reason specifically.

gray1404

Established Member
I've just tried on GWR and TPE and they are both trying to charge £1.

I am only able to get the ticket I want to appear on Mixing Desk and Trainline powered booking engines, sadly cannot get to to show on Chiltern's booking engine.

island

Veteran Member
If your starting station does not have the ability to issue ticket on departure you will often get offered a free postage option.

gray1404

Established Member
I think that is the essence of the problem then. The starting station, on each of the 2 tickets I am adding to the basket, does have the ability to issue ticket on departure. Shame there isn't a work around for this.

Qwerty133

Established Member
Postage is a more expensive option for ticket delivery so I see no reason why it should be available free of charge when other (cheaper) options are available at the origin station (or the ticket is available in E-ticket form). If people wish to pay extra for a method of delivery that they personally find more convenient they should (and do) have the option to do so but expecting TOCs to fund such choices makes no sense.

gray1404

Established Member
Just checked both of these (SWR and TfW) and I am only being offered Special Delivery or ToD (including for a journey in over a weeks time). Looks like I'll simply have to collect from the station on the day.

Last edited:

mugam4

I'd advise against choosing un-tracked free delivery, as it can be difficult to get the tickets re-issued if they don't turn up. It's a big risk to put something of possibly quite high value in uninsured mail - I've once had a TOC point-blank refuse to reissue in this instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.