• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

free video webspace

Status
Not open for further replies.

TicketMan

Afternoon chaps and chapesses

Can anybody recommend a (preferably free) service that lets you upload vids to the t'internet? i.e. something similar to fotopic that lets you upload video footage.

Apart from Google that is - my laptop doesn't like Google vids for some reason...

TIA

TM

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
My site offers this service. PM or E-mail if your interested. :p

TicketMan

matt said:
My site offers this service. PM or E-mail if your interested. :p

Thanks for the offer Matt. I'm actually after something that gives me my own domian name - like http://ticketman.'website'.com if you get my meaning.

Anybody know if Photobucket does that? Sorry I'm a pain - but I've discovered the video feature on my new camera - and I want to show off :D

T

Tom

TM - if you want I can provide ticketman.railuk.org - PM me for more (or add me on MSN).

TicketMan

Thanks for all your replies chaps - much appreciated.
For simplicity's sake I think I'm going to give PhotoBucket a try.

one more question - the file I want to upload is an almighty 140MB (:oops: ). How can I compress the file without losing too much quality?

TIA
TM

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Windows Movie Maker!
I use it all the time! Saves sending 50+MB vids to Sproggy and co, when I use that it compresses it to retain optimum quality while keeping the filesize down :)

As for where to get it.. it should be on your laptop anyway!

LucaZone

Also by passing the vid through Movie Maker, it will be saved in a format everyone else can view. That 140Mb file is in the Camera's recording format, and may not always work on other peoples machines.

T

Tom

LucaZone said:
Also by passing the vid through Movie Maker, it will be saved in a format everyone else can view. That 140Mb file is in the Camera's recording format, and may not always work on other peoples machines.
What if someone is using Linux, never knew that you could watch WMV natively on Linux!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
To be quite honest only a minority of people use non-standard operating systems (Such as linux or whatever that is). So I'm not about to change the way I do things for a small amount of people ;).

"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
Is how I'd justify it ;):):)

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Tom said:
What if someone is using Linux, never knew that you could watch WMV natively on Linux!

No but you can install a program to play wmv on linux 8-)

T

Tom

50149, if what you say is correct, as Mac is virtually based on Linux, which holds 30% of the market share, and Linux and other OSs hold 6%... 36% is hardly a minority.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Tom said:
50149, if what you say is correct, as Mac is virtually based on Linux, which holds 30% of the market share, and Linux and other OSs hold 6%... 36% is hardly a minority.

I never said it was "correct" did I?
And to be quite honest Tom I couldn't really care less! As far as I know, Windows is still what the majority of computers use so thats what I'm going to use. End of.

Anyway, Matt said "No but you can install a program to play wmv on linux" so if you want to view my videos and have a Mac/linux/whatever download that and be happy :roll:

The Gricer

Tom said:

If you are saying that 1 in 3 machines sold are Macs then you are way off the mark. And even if this was the case, by definition, 36% is still a minority.

Frank

TicketMan

Tom said:

Check yer dictionary - 36% is a minority...

Status
Not open for further replies.