• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freedom Pass Misuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

FT245

Hello, my brother took my mum's 60+ oyster without her knowledge and was caught. The freedom pass was confiscated and my brother has been summoned to court (I have no further knowledge of what's going on with the case).

My mum had been looking for her pass for a while and my brother eventually came clean and told her what had happened. She is of course very upset about it all. My mum would like to apply for a 60+ oyster. Will she be able to get a new pass? Should she admit that she knows its been confiscated?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sultan

Probably yes - honesty is the best policy. Maybe a statement saying it has been confiscated but was used by a family member without her knowledge. Whether there has been an act of theft here I'm not sure, but I would imagine it happens quite a lot and as a one off, she may be able to get it back.

But she may have to wait until TFL have done a thorough investigation to determine if it is a one-off, or if there has been previous abuse.

JBuchananGB

It may not be relevant to the case, but a "60+ Oyster" and a "Freedom Pass" are not the same thing. A "Freedom Pass" incorporates the ENCTS validity, not included in the "60+ Oyster". There may be other differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.