• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freedom Travelpass Bristol and Bath Query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes it does cover to Limpley Stoke, the ticket covers out on buses as far as Radstock from Bath.
Radstock is in the completely opposite direction to Limpley Stoke when coming from Bath.

The Freedom Travelpass is only valid in Greater Bristol, and Limpley Stoke is in Wiltshire, so the Freedom Travelpass is not valid here.

sonic2009

Established Member
Radstock is in the completely opposite direction to Limpley Stoke when coming from Bath.

The Freedom Travelpass is only valid in Greater Bristol, and Limpley Stoke is in Wiltshire, so the Freedom Travelpass is not valid here.

Limpley Stoke is to the left of Freshford, although not shown on the map, it clearly shows the boundary would be further south than Limpley Stoke.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Limpley Stoke is to the left of Freshford, although not shown on the map, it clearly shows the boundary would be further south than Limpley Stoke.
Yes, but if you look at a map, you can see that Limpley Stoke village is not in Bath and North East Somerset. The stop named Viaduct Hotel from what I can see on Google Maps, is the last stop within the area of validity, but the village itself is not.

The railway line goes outside Greater Bristol before rejoining it. The pass is valid within Greater Bristol, but presumably artistic license has been used to avoid confusion with customers using rail services by showing it as going outside. Written publicity for the ticket shows it as only being valid within Greater Bristol.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Bath...+North+East+Somerset,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=13

Old Shire

Thank you for your replies to my first post. From what l thought and what you have said there does not seem to be a clear boundary for the area covered by this ticket regarding bus travel. Train stations are listed on the leaflet and that is easy to understand but where are the cut off points for the bus journeys? eg the Bath to Warminster service?

Last edited:

sonic2009

Established Member
I emailed First and was given this reply.

Dear Mr ****

Thank you for your E-Mail. The zone A & B Freedom Travelpass is valid to Limpley Stoke.

If you need anything further please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this e-mail and quoting the reference:120330

Regards, First Customer Services

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I emailed First and was given this reply.

Dear Mr ****

Thank you for your E-Mail. The zone A & B Freedom Travelpass is valid to Limpley Stoke.

If you need anything further please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this e-mail and quoting the reference:120330

Regards, First Customer Services

Thanks for confirming this. I'm somewhat concerned that the Text description and the map don't quite tie up. Although conversely if there are bus routes which go out of the area and back in again (the Banes council website suggests there are) then obviously there would be no choice but to accept them on all routes passing through the town.

sonic2009

Established Member
Agree with you Mojo the text is a little confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.