• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freema Agyeman & season 29 villians

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Well for those Doctor Who fans you may wish to turn around now, then again 99.9% of you probably wont have seen any pre-9th Doctor stories anyway!

It has been confirmed that Freema Agyeman (Crossroads, Casualty, The Bill, Silent Witness, Doctor Who) will be the new companion to replace Rose Tyler (Billie Piper), Freema will join the cast in season 29 as Martha Jones, along with the current Doctor, David Tennant. Agyeman recently starred as one of the Torchwood staff in the recent episode 'Army of Ghosts', as Adoela, though she did get killed by the Cybermen rather quickly in the opening episode of the two-part season 28 finale.

Agyeman will be seen in the first episode of season 29, and not the Christmas Special, which was confirmed in the press release which quotes Russell T. Davies as saying, "We've got another surprise in store for that." The current rumours flying around the mill are of special guest actors for that episode, possibly debuting in the season 28 finale 'Doomsday'.

David Tennant and Freema Agyeman, a.k.a The Doctor and Martha Jones.

And now onto a bit more news about season 29! You'll probably not want to highlight the text below if you dont wish to know. So I'd suggest you skip the bottom part of this post unless you like spoilers!

In todays edition of The Sun, they make a cryptic comment regarding the season 29 villians, Here is a direct quote from the newspaper itself.

"Filming starts later this month," says the article, "and insiders have said the pair's first storyline will pitch them against the green monsters from Mars who first troubled the Doctor in 1967."

These potential villians are likely to be, The Ice Warriors.

Thats all for now!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

Don't take this the wrong way anyone, but when I heard Billy Piper was leaving, I thought to myself: "I bet the next one is black"...

Good news though. I've seen her in various shows and she's a great actress. Bring on the new series :mrgreen:

bunnahabhain

Established Member
I was hoping for a lad/bloke actually, or maybe one of each, I always liked the Doctor/Jamie/Victoria combo back in the 1960's. :)

Though the Doctor/Adric/Nyssa/Tegan combo never worked cause there were so many one of them always got sidelined!

Anyway.....enough of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.