• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FreePrints app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Hello,has anyone here used FreePrints (as advertised on TV)? I'm always sceptical about things that are advertised as free apart from the postage and always think there is a catch. I have many photos stagnating on my phone and need to print them off but Boots charge a fortune! If you've used FreePrints how were they, was the printing any good and is there a hidden catch??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Limited to forty-five basic 6" x 4" prints per month, postage varies between £1.49 and £3.99, presumably any more than 45 or larger size prints are chargeable.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
45 a month sounds acceptable as I don't take that many. Would you recommend them?
Not personally used them, others online seem to consider that the service is o.k. provided that you watch out for not being inadvertently upsold for products other than the most basic 6" x 4" prints.

By way of comparison, my local Max Spielmann outlet typically charges 49p-55p for an individual 6" x 4" print.

462cd

They've been going for ages now and often pop up on deals sites (MoneySavingExpert, HotUKDeals, etc), usually with pretty positive reviews. As above, I believe they do a lot of upselling to get you to buy more prints, bigger prints or other photo products.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Let us know how you get on, be good to hear an opinion of their service from an established forum member.

skyhigh

Established Member
I've used them for a while, the print quality isn't exceptional but it's pretty good.

py_megapixel

Established Member
I agree that FreePrints sounds a bit 'sketchy', though maybe that is an unfounded feeling. The way their website is worded also suggests there's no way to delete your photos from their servers, which I personally would not be comfortable with, and they also make you install an app (which suggests to me that they are mining personal data, though again this may be unfounded)

I have never used them, but I have had good experiences with Asda's photo printing service. At 11p for a 6x4 it's not ridiculously priced, though will still work out more expensive than FreePrints.

bearhugger

I've used FreePrints for a couple of years now. Mainly use the 45 free 6x4" but have also ordered larger sizes and even a 12" canvas for a print of my son's graduation. No issues with quality, it sometimes warns me if it thinks a particular photo is too blurry but still lets you print it if you are happy with it. I've not really used any of the extra features such as photo books or the mugs. Happy with it for what I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.