• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freight at London Bridge???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
A few says ago I saw 66247 and some wagons on the SET passthrough track. Where could it be going? Cannon Street is a definite no and why would it go to Charing Cross? That leaves Blackfriars and so on, but I thought diesel was not allowed through the Snow Hill tunnel?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprog

Established Member
Probably heading to/from an enginerers possession. Im sure i saw a picture of a ballast train in the bays at London Bridge in a magazine last week. No idea of where it couldve been heading though, sorry. Very far from its home territory though... :D

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Diesels are allowed through Snow Hill Tunnel, Clerkenwells Tunnel, King's Cross Tunnel and Camden Road Tunnels.

It's just the type of train is restricted to Class 31's, Class 33's and Class 73's if I remember rightly.

Jim

Established Member
Correct. IMHO the only reason why 31s & 33 still exsist

Status
Not open for further replies.