• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

freight at Stratford

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's been a while since I've been to Stratford but was thinking of having a day there either tomorrow or Friday to photograph some freight.

Can anyone tell me if this would be a worthwhile trip? Lots of freight went through fairly frequently last time I was there 18 months ago. Also what are the busiest times there freight wise?

Any info would be appreciated

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thanks gazr. I must admit although I've heard a lot about the realtimetrains site I'd never looked at it before. It's been a great help. Thank you very much

Freightmaster

Established Member
Have you tried using either opentraintimes.com or realtimetrains.co.uk to look at freight activity?
...don't forget Freightmaster, which has a Stratford timetable (and over 100 others),
but unlike RTT/OTT, FMonline provides headcodes and train type/operator,
and only lists the freight services which actually run
!

Before anyone mentions the cost, I am currently offering a free trial
so people can try it out without any risk and decide if a subscription
would be worth it for them... :)

MARK

Established Member
Have you tried using either opentraintimes.com or realtimetrains.co.uk to look at freight activity?

E.g. : http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sea...3/18/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=freight&order=wtt

As you see not a lot during in the peak, the railway is full of passenger trains.

Later in the year when the line between Gospel Oak and Woodgrange Park via South Tottenham is blocked for electrification even more freight will run via Stratford. A warm summers evening would be best to see the variety that will turn up after the evening peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.