• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freight driver jobs abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlad

Hi
Does anyone know of any recruitment happening abroad for qualified UK freight drivers?
Has anyone got any direct contacts for DB's project in the UAE?
I basically just want to get out of the U.K. And being a single guy I've got no responsibilities here, so I'm willing to work anywhere.

Thanks for any replies.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

red2005

Hi
Does anyone know of any recruitment happening abroad for qualified UK freight drivers?
Has anyone got any direct contacts for DB's project in the UAE?
I basically just want to get out of the U.K. And being a single guy I've got no responsibilities here, so I'm willing to work anywhere.

Thanks for any replies.

DB website has all the details/contacts on their website for the UAE project. They're pretty decent at replying to emails quickly etc.

Dragonlad

From what I've read, the main problem is getting into Australia in the first place. A Train driver is not currently on the skilled migration occupation list. If it was then you would get a job no problem

red2005

Thanks for the reply red2005[/QUOTE

Any time mate!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
They are looking for freight drivers on this site in Australia, this vacancy is a bit short notice but it may be worth keeping an eye for future opportunities http://asciano.com.au/careers/search/locomotive-driver-level-2-driver-s-assistant/?sid=-9d479115

As dragon lad said train drivers aren't currently on the country's skills list so I'd imagine it'd be aimed at Australian nationals.

My cousin lives there and now has dual nationality and said it's hard enough to get in if your skill is required as I'm lead to believe age etc is taken into account when applying so I shudder to think what it'd be like when they don't need your skill lol

Engineman

Does anyone have any idea what the rosters are like for the UAE jobs?

If you can get the right to work in Australia, they will take a serious look at you for your driving qualifications, they do not however sponsor anymore so that's up to you.

I've worked different parts of Australia and always had drivers from England, Scotland, Wales, Switzerland etc in those depots that got picked up as a driver not a trainee just had to do the conversion training.

Good Luck brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.