• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

freight timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Dose anyone know where i can find freight timings for the York area. Is there a website that tells you or anything.

Thanks
Andy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
And there are also details for the avoiding lines (Colton Junction)

Andy

Thanks for the info but i don't think i will pay that much for it.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
You can also get Freightmaster books. They arn't as comprehensive as the site (in terms of locations covered), and arn't updated as regularly, but at little over £10 are a lot cheaper. They still show all schedualed freight trains, including those the run as required, and give details of the origin and destination and also the booked traction.
I have to admit, I was interested in the online version of freightmaster aswell, until I saw the price. It's probably pretty good value if you are very much into freight and go freight spotting at many locations, but it's a little expensive for the casual observer. It's a shame they don't offer a cheaper service for those who are only interested in a particular location or area.

Simming

Freightmaster is a great publication, plenty of information

and its understandable even if your an idiot, simple layout

LucaZone

Although I did have Freightmaster access previously, because I only used 2-3 of the timetables all the time it wasnt worth the re-subscription.

instead ive looked at creating my own :P Gonna take a bit of time, but going to the same location and different times and on different days means im slowly building up a picture of freight patterns :) Of course this wont be near as accurate as the Fregithmaster stuff, and will only be relevent for photographing the various trains, rather than knowing their origin and destinations.

Its certainly an alternative though :)

RJ

Established Member
You don't need Freightmaster. The majority of it lists 66s, and anything which isn't, is covered in Yahoo Groups. Plus Yahoo is far more accurate, with live reports of freight and special workings. All in my opinion ;)

David

Established Member
joea1 said:
You don't need Freightmaster. The majority of it lists 66s,
The majority of freight is hauled by 66s now, thats why.

joea1 said:
anything which isn't, is covered in Yahoo Groups.
There isn't many freights not covered by freightmaster.

joea1 said:
Plus Yahoo is far more accurate, with live reports of freight and special workings. All in my opinion ;)
The freightmaster website is updated weekly, if not more often as and when freight times change, or there is some extra workings.

RJ

Established Member
All I'm saying is Freightmaster isn't perfect. You tell me when the next 6M95 Dungeness-Willesden working is. Either it says TFX-Q or MThO-Q. That Q makes it totally random!

Whereas with Yahoo, it's been posted that its running tomorrow with 4 FNAs. In fact, it's posted every time it runs.

Each method has its ups and downs, personally I prefer Yahoo over FM. Plus the daily Class 60 fleet lists.

AlexS

Established Member
The reason it isn't posted is that the nuclear flask trains aren't run to an advertised timetable and run ad hoc. If you look on the Freightmaster forums if you are a paid up user, the info might get posted on there.

RJ

Established Member
Sometimes it is. The forum is actually pretty good for the TOPS list, though I found that similar stuff was posted on Yahoo. The point I was making about 66s was that you don't need to pay out to be told that most services are 66 or 90 hauled. And services which aren't have dedicated groups, like 57/60 gen, or more general groups, if you know where to look. Like I said my views are my opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.