• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freight Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil46

Hi I'm new to the site.
I'm interested in collecting footage and audio of freight trains passing through stations and urban settings. Does anyone know of any times it is good to catch these? Is there any kind of timetable for these trains? My local stations are Manchester Piccadilly, Oxford Rd, Deansgate, Salford etc. Are there good photo opportunities in Greater Manchester for this? The sound and footage would be to illustrate a poem which I have written about the freight train. I will gladly post this if anyone is interested.
Thanks.
N46

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Hi I'm new to the site.
I'm interested in collecting footage and audio of freight trains passing through stations and urban settings. Does anyone know of any times it is good to catch these? Is there any kind of timetable for these trains?
Freightmaster is your friend. You can also use Realtime Trains in advance mode.

Both of these sites were created by forum members.

Freightmaster

Established Member
The line through Manchester Picc/Oxford Road/Deansgate sees regular
container trains to and from Trafford Park on a weekday (Monday to Friday);
from 14:30 onwards, there is an average of one an hour.

Victoria/Salford are much less busy - just a couple of stone trains
(to Pendleton/Hope Street), plus containerised waste from the
refuse transfer station at Brindle Heath (Pendleton).

MARK

high camera

4 miles south of Piccadilly and you have Stockport which has recently become quite active with freight (if you time it right) GBRF biomass workings
look very impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.