• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner depots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I be correct in thinking that some depots have more applicants than others?

If that’s the case, which Freightliner depots have the least applicants?

I’ve applied as a trainee driver for Peak Forest btw

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Would I be correct in thinking that some depots have more applicants than others?

If that’s the case, which Freightliner depots have the least applicants?

I’ve applied as a trainee driver for Peak Forest btw
At an educated guess I’d say Eastleigh has the fewest (purely based on the freight movements in the south appearing far fewer than those further up the country.....). I could of course be completely wrong.

FrankOwen

Peak Forest is actually Tunstead, but yes, they struggle to attract qualified drivers there.

class 9

At an educated guess I’d say Eastleigh has the fewest (purely based on the freight movements in the south appearing far fewer than those further up the country.....). I could of course be completely wrong.
Eastleigh is a large depot for Freightliner Intermodal , plenty of work on container trains to/from Southampton.

Jason.bourne

I've applied for peak forest (tunstead quarry) as well. Completed assessments and waiting for an interview date, where abouts are you within the process?

I’m the same Jason. I had confirmation from the OPC on the 18th December that I’d passed everything and that Freightliner would contact me re. the interview.

Jason.bourne

As with previous companies I have applied for I have been able to view the job description online, with Freightliner I can not. Do you know if our applications are for a talent pool as I don't recall it mentioning a talent pool. I am unsure though was some time ago and didn't screen shot the job description.

Teddyward

I was invited for Dmi last week for tilbury (for the second time) but unfortunately couldn’t make it so there is some movement.

I’ve not got the foggiest I’m afraid Jason. I’m inclined to think we’d be in a talent pool as that seems the norm but I could easily be wrong?!

Jobi-wan

It depends how many people put in for the job. If there were 5 vacancies and 20 people were good enough then 15 are going in the pool. The top 5 scorers will be offered the job first. Some will be offered the job straight away and some will be on the reserve list.

When we applied there were 8 vacancies, 7 of us got straight in and 1 turned it down for a job at a TOC just before the course started. 3 in the pool started 4 months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.