• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner heavy haul

Status
Not open for further replies.

4F89

You are expected to tell the company at the start of each year that you don't want to work over your annual contracted hours and rosters are meant to manage your hours accordingly. If you were at a busy depot & decided to take 10 weeks off, it wouldn't go down well!
Then that's the companies fault for not managing their staff. No company can assume you want the extra hours, it's not for the staff member to manage.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 9

Then that's the companies fault for not managing their staff. No company can assume you want the extra hours, it's not for the staff member to manage.
It's not an easy job to spread hours out when a depot is extremely busy, but from a companies perspective knowing that an individual doesn't what to bust their hours, is more helpful well in advance than it just been dropped on them that they want 10 weeks off.
The whole idea of annualised hours is to manage peaks and troughs, not permanent peaks.

4F89

It's not an easy job to spread hours out when a depot is extremely busy, but from a companies perspective knowing that an individual doesn't what to bust their hours, is more helpful well in advance than it just been dropped on them that they want 10 weeks off.
The whole idea of annualised hours is to manage peaks and troughs, not permanent peaks.
Indeed. My earlier point was that if you don't want to bust, you don't have to. Drivers can't complain about working "too hard" if they sign up to it!

Welshman04

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can let me know what it's like working for heavy haul. @hope depot earles sidings I would be grateful. I have interview with them for fully qualified driver and I am NERVOUS HAHA

Thanks In advance

Any info appreciated eg work, contracts, terms and conditions
Any chance you remember how long it took them to get back to you after you submitted your application?

Welshman04

About 1 week they rang me mustve been desperate for driver st hope I had application in for donny but heard nothing
I've currently got one in for Bristol but it's only been 2 weeks. I've spoke to a manager in the Bristol area and he said he didn't know a position was even available at Bristol so I'm not sure what's going to happen. I'll leave it two more weeks then try and chase it up

Status
Not open for further replies.