• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner online tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cab2cab79

Regarding freightliner online testing for trainee ground staff I believe the tests conducted online are (scaat) (raat) and ( rsjt)
Do these tests hold any prevalence to trainee mainline driver or even other shunting positions for example if a candidate was to fail any part of these with freightliner will that mean a six month wait for other positions/tests..... Or if he/she was to pass can they then use these passes for other companies positions ...

Also any info regarding wages for the above position around the £37k mark is that correct also any views on this company/role would be great

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andrew Ford

Although I can’t answer your question, I was just about to ask the same!

I’ve just received the same email.

But, I’ve just passed my stage 1 with GWR and don’t want to cause problems for myself.

Cab2cab79

Yep I'm also in the process with other companies but do not want to mess any thing up just trying to gain some more info to help decide which route to target and which role may be best for me ....
I am sure some one on here will have the advice we need this is a very good web site forum

4F89

While I don't know about the role specifically, an internal applicant who makes it to the same level as an external will often get the nod, because they know you already. I wouldn't think twice about going groundstaff etc first if no driver places available in my area. A foot in the door. And the money is good to keep you going to boot.

cc

Although I can’t answer your question, I was just about to ask the same!

I’ve just received the same email.

But, I’ve just passed my stage 1 with GWR and don’t want to cause problems for myself.

In the exact same situation! I’ve passed my assesments with southern but don’t want to ruin anything by doing this, date is pretty tight to complete it by as well. I’m going to ring on Monday and ask

Stigy

Established Member
I believe (I say ‘I believe’ because I’m 90% sure but I’ve never taken these tests, but know people who have) the tests will be transferable across TOCs/FOCs for other shunter or groundstaff roles which use those tests, but not for driver positions as the tests are different. I’m not sure how long the results remain valid for though? Three years maybe?

If you fail these tests, you can still apply for driver jobs within 6-months, but probably not the same job (no matter which company).

Numbnuts846

Regarding freightliner online testing for trainee ground staff I believe the tests conducted online are (scaat) (raat) and ( rsjt)
Do these tests hold any prevalence to trainee mainline driver or even other shunting positions for example if a candidate was to fail any part of these with freightliner will that mean a six month wait for other positions/tests..... Or if he/she was to pass can they then use these passes for other companies positions ...

Also any info regarding wages for the above position around the £37k mark is that correct also any views on this company/role would be great

Thank you
Sent you a message

cc

Update guys, not going to complete the tests, had a couple of confusing emails back and forth and she wasn’t sure about my recent assessment passed and if it’s would affect any other changes in that process so just going to focus on my mmi for that role. Shame but with a narrow window to complete the tests I can’t get a clear enough answer

Cab2cab79

It isn't very confusing as they are conducted online and not at a centre

If any one knows if these tests freightliner conduct online
SCAAT
RAAT
RSJT
Would be accepted by other companies would be great thanks for any advice

hiredgun

I didn't think there were any tests involved for ground crew/shunter jobs??

Have people on here applied for this position? be interesting to see how you get on

Gorlash1886

I applied did the online tests on Saturday and have passed them, got an interview next week.

cc

I applied did the online tests on Saturday and have passed them, got an interview next week.

How did you find them? Decided against doing them as never got a clear answer if it would affect my other shunter application where I am through to mmi. Annoying

Gorlash1886

They seemed relatively straightforward, the scaat would be easy to mess up as its essentially GB, honestly I'm super happy that I passed.

Gorlash1886

Thanks very much, I put down for Tilbury it's the closest as long as the Dartford tunnel behaves.

Andrew Ford

I’ve decided not to do them, although the cut off is this evening because I had my MMI and DMI today...

Andrew Ford

How did it go??
Hard to tell.

I was happy with the MMI, and the lady was lovely.
Then I went pretty much straight into the DMI.
Which I didn’t know I was doing.
Started well, but they asked me some questions about the company, which because I hadn’t prepared, I couldn’t really answer.
I admitted as much, and they were fine with me.

A bit of a ‘tell’ was they asked if I was free on the 8th for a medical, if I was successful.

Apart from that, I just don’t know...

cc

Hard to tell.

I was happy with the MMI, and the lady was lovely.
Then I went pretty much straight into the DMI.
Which I didn’t know I was doing.
Started well, but they asked me some questions about the company, which because I hadn’t prepared, I couldn’t really answer.
I admitted as much, and they were fine with me.

A bit of a ‘tell’ was they asked if I was free on the 8th for a medical, if I was successful.

Apart from that, I just don’t know...

Ahh you didn’t know dmi was the same day...I have my mmi booked, haven’t prepped for dmi at all though, maybe I should Incase.

Yeah def a good sign asking if your free for sure! Hope you got it

Andrew Ford

Ahh you didn’t know dmi was the same day...I have my mmi booked, haven’t prepped for dmi at all though, maybe I should Incase.

Yeah def a good sign asking if your free for sure! Hope you got it

Might be worth it.

Most of the questions were very similar to the MMI, but much less formal.
A bit of knowledge about the company would probably help no end.

Good luck!

Gorlash1886

I felt it went well thanks, no not heard anything yet but you know what they say no news is good news.

Gorlash1886

To be honest I haven't even heard anything back after the interview, I have basically almost given up worrying about it. Best of luck to you though bud I know others have heard back hence my despondency.

Status
Not open for further replies.