• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Trainee Driver Course - Nov 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

4F89

Has anyone recently gone through one of their Heavy Haul training courses? Does anyone know a rough breakdown of the learning process, intro/rules/traction etc?

Still can't believe I've got a contract in my hand, and just looking for some more info.

Cheers,

J

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Seejwalker

Has anyone recently gone through one of their Heavy Haul training courses? Does anyone know a rough breakdown of the learning process, intro/rules/traction etc?

Still can't believe I've got a contract in my hand, and just looking for some more info.

Cheers,

J
Congratulations mate, what depot you going to?

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Unsure of HH specifics, but most TOCs run sort of like this:

Induction, and PTS
then
Rules
Traction training
Handling
Route learning
Pass out

Over approx 9-12months, depending on various factors, including how quickly you pick up routes, availability of Driver Instructors, etc etc

4F89

Unsure of HH specifics, but most TOCs run sort of like this:

Induction, and PTS
then
Rules
Traction training
Handling
Route learning
Pass out

Over approx 9-12months, depending on various factors, including how quickly you pick up routes, availability of Driver Instructors, etc etc

Cheers TTT

jaybarts

Are there many people on here starting next month?

Really can’t wait to get going now.

4F89

I know of 3 in the forum, I think, maybe more. Yourself jb?

jaybarts

Yeh I start on the 26th, apart from yourself I’ve lost track on who else could be starting on here with us.

Class323201

Induction, PTS and Rules I would have thought be all the same for both IM and HH?
I too are for Birmingham IM.
Your right in saying induction, PTS and rules are the same for HH and IM as you will be trained to mainline standards. The parts that will be different will be routes and possibly traction.

Cheggers

I too are for Birmingham IM.
Your right in saying induction, PTS and rules are the same for HH and IM as you will be trained to mainline standards. The parts that will be different will be routes and possibly traction.
That's what thought. Are you starting on 26th Nov too class323201?

jaybarts

Less than 2 weeks to go now!!!!!

Will anyone else be staying in a hotel or are the majority of you local to Crewe?

4F89

No hotel for me :( if have liked the time away from the bride tbh! Lol

Cheggers

My last week at my current job. Hotel for me as I'm for Birmingham. Hopefully we will get the hotel info soonest. Wouldn't mind having room from the Sunday night.

jaybarts

I haven’t had any confirmation about the hotel yet either, I’ll email them next monday if I don’t hear this week.

Pete C

How does it work with the hotel and transport etc? Are they sending details through to people? Providing train tickets? I'm for the Dec course in Ipswich but it's far enough away from me that they're putting me up :)

Class323201

How does it work with the hotel and transport etc? Are they sending details through to people? Providing train tickets? I'm for the Dec course in Ipswich but it's far enough away from me that they're putting me up :)
In the offer letter it said they would arrange transport and accommodation. I haven't received anything as yet but still a couple of weeks to go

Stigy

Established Member
I was told at the DMI that they would supply a hire car and fuel card for travelling to the training and home etc at the weekends? Were you not told this at yours? Not sure how it works exactly (whether you have the car allocated to you as and when you need it, or whether you’re supplied it for the duration?).

Status
Not open for further replies.