• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers 2022 - (01/11/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVDW995

How long after completing the VSE and M7SJT are people finding out if your successful or not?
It’s varying - I completed mine on Sunday but haven’t found out (deadline to complete was today). Someone on the forum completed it yesterday and are through to DMI today.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Marc637

It’s varying - I completed mine on Sunday but haven’t found out (deadline to complete was today). Someone on the forum completed it yesterday and are through to DMI today.
Ah fair enough, I only completed mine yesterday with the deadline being today actually surprised how fast its going and people hearing back so quickly considering it saying up to 25days. Just on edge waiting for a response. Which area did you apply for ?

SVDW995

Ah fair enough, I only completed mine yesterday with the deadline being today actually surprised how fast its going and people hearing back so quickly considering it saying up to 25days. Just on edge waiting for a response. Which area did you apply for ?
Crewe but I’m not hopeful - my error rate seems v high compared to the people who have been successful so far. How about you?

Haru

I had definitely made mistakes on the symbol but prioritised the track. If it is anything the tones test then it seems as long as your get one part correct then the other isn’t of big importance.

SVDW995

I had definitely made mistakes on the symbol but prioritised the track. If it is anything the tones test then it seems as long as your get one part correct then the other isn’t of big importance.
Fingers crossed but I made 3 errors on the track part. Good luck with your DMI!

Numbskull100

Fingers crossed but I made 3 errors on the track part. Good luck with your DMI!
I'm not sure how many I made, maybe not as many as I thought, but I'd be surprised if it was only 3 and certainly more on the symbols (including the first one).

Advice for anyone about to take them, disable your screen power off. Mine kicked in during part 1, switching off the monitor. I think as it turns out, it came back in time (no errors missed), but it certainly put me on edge.

Duffman76

On Moderation
I believe what you say is true.
I was referring to psychometric test passes from other TOC's.
I think Freightliner want them sat again, even if you've passed within the 5 year timescale with another TOC.
I hope I'm wrong though. Lol.
If you pass Freightliner psychometric tests they are valid for 5 years, that's what I was told anyway.

Eebbs1912

I believe what you say is true.
I was referring to psychometric test passes from other TOC's.
I think Freightliner want them sat again, even if you've passed within the 5 year timescale with another TOC.
I hope I'm wrong though. Lol.
I doubt they'd want them sat again just because they were day for a different toc/foc, they are still tested and results held under the OPC.

As a side question, if your a qualified driver and go to switch companies do you need to go do the psychometrics again? Or is that only for trainees employability/enhanced ones if your only standard etc?
I'm doing my driving hours now on OTMs having done my rules. I might just be better staying here for another 120 hours then moving when qualified.

Duffman76

On Moderation
I doubt they'd want them sat again just because they were day for a different toc/foc, they are still tested and results held under the OPC.

As a side question, if your a qualified driver and go to switch companies do you need to go do the psychometrics again? Or is that only for trainees employability/enhanced ones if your only standard etc?
I'm doing my driving hours now on OTMs having done my rules. I might just be better staying here for another 120 hours then moving when qualified.
I hope you're correct on the 'repeating psychometrics'!

Unfortunately I can not answer your other query from personal experience, as I do not have any.

Bet someone on this forum will know though.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Some other pensions from outside the industry are better. Just swapping a pension to the current employer is not always the best option.
One should always at least get some advice from a pensions adviser.

kmck96

Just got an email in this morning, being held in a talent pool for mossend until next round of recruitment following my initial application and questionnaire

ALADOU47

Just got an email in this morning, being held in a talent pool for mossend until next round of recruitment following my initial application and questionnaire
Yeah got the same as well I put in for Mossend also

Locornwall

I’ve read some posts about working on freights suggesting a lack of job security, any comments?

sargentsiri

I've just been told I'm being held in a Talent Pool.

Applied for Eastleigh, I didn't get invited to complete the online tests though.

Suppose it's slightly better than a straight no!!

Mr Oli

I also just received the email about being held in the talent pool until next round go recruitment. Applied to Bristol.

Eebbs1912

Passed m7sjt
Failed vse. Thought that got a bit iffy on test 3.
Can apply again in 6 month.
Ah well, no harm done, I'll probably be passed out in 6 month anyway.
Would've been nice to be home a bit more right enough lol

Good luck to everyone still in the running.

SVDW995

Passed m7sjt
Failed vse. Thought that got a bit iffy on test 3.
Can apply again in 6 month.
Ah well, no harm done, I'll probably be passed out in 6 month anyway.
Would've been nice to be home a bit more right enough lol

Good luck to everyone still in the running.
Ditto, passed M7SJT but not VSE. Suspected this would be the case, my error rates on part 3 was too high. I hope for better luck next time.

Good luck with passing out where you currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.