• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Trainee Drivers - Tilsbury, Ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Timpg

Hi yes. You will do the sje and short answers for the mmi first, then the computer tests. If you pass the computer tests then you will do the mmi. Results expected within 1-2 days.

Ah okay mate, I hope you got on okay! I must admit, I’m feeling rather nervous about my stage two. What sort of questions did they ask for the mmi if you don’t mind me asking? I think that’s the one that has had me the most concerned.

RunRepeat

I'm back in tuesday for stage two as well, be interesting to see how they sift out for the afternoon interviews! Sounds like a few of us in this thread were at ITFC yesterday (Tuesday). Any advice for the structured interviews welcome though, coming from a non-industry background, i'm hoping any examples I can give are relevant.

Jobi-wan

I'm back in tuesday for stage two as well, be interesting to see how they sift out for the afternoon interviews! Sounds like a few of us in this thread were at ITFC yesterday (Tuesday). Any advice for the structured interviews welcome though, coming from a non-industry background, i'm hoping any examples I can give are relevant.
Where we were you sitting? Haha

RunRepeat

Haha, stage right, always close to the bar near the back, first to the toilet every time :)

Teddyward

Ah OK! How did it go by the way? How are you feeling about it?
Anxious is an understatement
Ah okay mate, I hope you got on okay! I must admit, I’m feeling rather nervous about my stage two. What sort of questions did they ask for the mmi if you don’t mind me asking? I think that’s the one that has had me the most concerned.
I don’t want to say exactly in case you get ideas formed and you may get different questions ( also I can’t remember exactly how they were worded) but they were basically amalgamations of the first 9 points of your mmi thread.

Timpg

Anxious is an understatement

I don’t want to say exactly in case you get ideas formed and you may get different questions ( also I can’t remember exactly how they were worded) but they were basically amalgamations of the first 9 points of your mmi thread.

Ah yea that’s understandable. After having a bit of time to think about my examples, I think I have a few good ideas to put out there in my test. I think more than anything, that I was more concerned about the sort of examples they’re going to be looking for.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
I haven’t had such email. But I’d guess that’s because I already work for the company?? They must have access to my employee records?!

I'd find it highly unusual for you to be referenced for an Internal job. Your 'reference' will come from your line manager when they request it.

Timpg

I'd find it highly unusual for you to be referenced for an Internal job. Your 'reference' will come from your line manager when they request it.

Yea I thought as much. I just kinda queried it as I haven’t been in this situation before, it’s all kinda new to me. So weren’t sure of the process. Have spoke to a couple of the lads here and they haven’t received anything yet.

RunRepeat

I’m a bit cautious about the references before the next stage as I certainly would not want to alert my current employer, not sure what to do.

Teddyward

Hahaa iv got anxiety and iv still to do my stage two!!! I’m not sure wether it will be a case of everyone having their tests then issue interviews once all finished??
Who knows. I know my line manager has already had a request for a reference. I hope I passed or I’ll look a bit silly. It’s ok though he’s very supportive luckily.

Teddyward

Has anyone had their stage 2 results yet? I know there are 2 more days of testing but it’s only a week to the planned dmi days and nothing heard for me yet.

Greenyeti

Just now had an email saying I’ve passed and awaiting selection for managers interview. Been a long weekend waiting to see if I’d passed MMI!

Timpg

Congratulations all those who have passed. Had my stage two today and can honestly say was a nervous wreck!!!! Now got that agonising wait for my results

Ladellboy

Stage 2 completed today. Thought i screwed up the joysticks but thankfully didnt. Now the wait again to see how i got on in interview.

Anyone heard anything yet?

Jobi-wan

Stage 2 completed today. Thought i screwed up the joysticks but thankfully didnt. Now the wait again to see how i got on in interview.

Anyone heard anything yet?
Ah which person are you? There were only 4 of us...

Status
Not open for further replies.