• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Trainee Drivers - Tilsbury, Ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sherman216

Been selected for finial management interview, but not on the dates they first outlined, could be a problem

Timpg

Got one as well!! I’m pretty much buzzing now hahaaa!! I won’t lie, was hoping it was all gonna be done in Ipswich, but I suppose it’s a day out hahaaa!!! Hope I don’t get lost!!

Last edited:

Teddyward

I have been invited too, but being a week later than estimated might make it a bit difficult handing my notice in if successful. Unless the course start date has changed.

sherman216

I wondered myself if the start date has changed as most people need to give a months notice myself included

Thecraneguy

Hi guys, I sent a email to the team and backed out of the stage 2, the money Isn’t that good compared with the cranes I operate abroad I’m getting £400 a shift easily. Was a good experience tho and Freightliner seems to be a very good company to work for.

theironroad

Established Member
Hi guys, I sent a email to the team and backed out of the stage 2, the money Isn’t that good compared with the cranes I operate abroad I’m getting £400 a shift easily. Was a good experience tho and Freightliner seems to be a very good company to work for.

I'll give FL some credit for advertising, as I saw a 66 loco the other day with a massive ad on its side for qualified drivers.......

Timpg

So is there any ideas as to how many of us actually got invited for an interview chaps??

Last edited:

Jobi-wan

Mines on the 4th, I'm after Ipswich though. If the interview lasts about 1-1.5 hours I can't imagine they can see many more than 6 per day. If it's over 2 days, 12 people just doesn't seem very much at all to fill all the job slots... Ive heard a lot of conflicting information regarding this job so my guess is as good as yours at this point haha

GB

Established Member
Mines on the 4th, I'm after Ipswich though. If the interview lasts about 1-1.5 hours I can't imagine they can see many more than 6 per day. If it's over 2 days, 12 people just doesn't seem very much at all to fill all the job slots... I

There are internal applicants who have already had interviews etc.

Yetunyahoo

So is there any ideas as to how many of us actually got invited for an interview chaps??
I got an interview, passed, got the job, drove on my own straight away, got promoted very quickly, got a massive pay rise, got promoted again, now I own the company.

I'll be interviewing you.

Freightliner - "Completed it mate."

Oh hold on - nah didn't even get an interview.

Ladellboy

Interviews are every hour. So if you include an hour for lunch then over 2 days that's 16 interviews providing only 1 person is doing it all. Anyone any idea on what the interview will consist of? Heard many different things...

Jobi-wan

Interviews are every hour. So if you include an hour for lunch then over 2 days that's 16 interviews providing only 1 person is doing it all. Anyone any idea on what the interview will consist of? Heard many different things...
I think at this point it's anyones guess!

Teddyward

We know of 2 days from posts on here, but is it possible there may be more? The original document set aside 3 days for final interviews.

Jobi-wan

We know of 2 days from posts on here, but is it possible there may be more? The original document set aside 3 days for final interviews.
When the nice lady called me last week she told me that it was going to be over 2 days next week, not the 3 this week.

Timpg

I think the element of the unknown kinda comes from the fact that the email states ‘ no preparation required ‘... so what does this suggest?? Obviously not your average dm interview that other toc or foc’s have conducted, reading through some of the threads on here.. I honestly don’t know what to expect??!

Jobi-wan

I think the element of the unknown kinda comes from the fact that the email states ‘ no preparation required ‘... so what does this suggest?? Obviously not your average dm interview that other toc or foc’s have conducted, reading through some of the threads on here.. I honestly don’t know what to expect??!
In any case I'm quite excited about it. Whatever happens we all got here out of a bloody lot of applicants. Obviously I'll be gutted if I don't get a place but I'm happy to be here

Timpg

The thing is... we don’t know the exact number of vacancies available nor do we know how many of us have interviews.. have they just selected the amount of people to cover the vacancies, or is there more people being interviewed than there is positions available?? Who knows???

Timpg

In any case I'm quite excited about it. Whatever happens we all got here out of a bloody lot of applicants. Obviously I'll be gutted if I don't get a place but I'm happy to be here

Yes mate, me too! I’m excited and anxious at the same time... I will be gutted if I don’t get a position, especially after getting through all the assessments. But if I don’t, I’m still employed in an excellent position within the company. Hopefully be successful next time round!

Status
Not open for further replies.