• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Trainee Shunt Driver (Crewe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag

Hi Jag

It doesn’t go against one of your two lives

And also I wouldn’t worry, there’s some margin for error on the online tests it’s more when you get to the assessment day that it counts but even then 100% isn’t expected, I imagine you’ll be pleasantly surprised, I took mine on a Sunday and found out the next evening but you should hear within the week either way

Good luck
Thanks alot for the reply . Hopefully find out Monday , I was kicking myself about the mistakes lol . Good luck with your application mate !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
I feel as I was a bit slow on the fault finding exercise only compleated 9 trains!! Also where we listened to story about glop and had to answer accordingly I found I was doubting my self and felt like I guessed a few. The lady did say wrong answers wouldn’t go against you! I don’t know how this works and if anyone else could elaborate! Suppose what’s done is done just got to wait 2 weeks to find out now it’s gonna feel like a year !!!!
I completed 8.5 trains on the DFFT and passed when I did it a few months ago. It’s about accuracy probably more so than speed. Of those 8 or so I was confident I got them all right, but could have got 10 I reckon if I didn’t have to redo one of the first ‘trains’ again. I think if I’d even got one wrong I’d not have reached the standard.

Canky83

Thanks mate I’m pretty sure I was accurate with the ones I completed I was focusing more on accuracy than speed !! How many lines did you complete on the dots to pass I few 10 lines few 11 lines and few 9 lines again pretty sure didn’t miss any ? Also we were told it had to be enhanced not standard was this the same for you sorry for all the questions just trying to gage how I’ve done if you could pay £250 for instant results I would just to buy out the agonising waiting game !!!

Stigy

Established Member
Thanks mate I’m pretty sure I was accurate with the ones I completed I was focusing more on accuracy than speed !! How many lines did you complete on the dots to pass I few 10 lines few 11 lines and few 9 lines again pretty sure didn’t miss any ? Also we were told it had to be enhanced not standard was this the same for you sorry for all the questions just trying to gage how I’ve done if you could pay £250 for instant results I would just to buy out the agonising waiting game !!!
Yes, the dots are enhanced too. It was only that and the DFFT I had to do as I had national standard passes which were still current. It confused me a little, as the dots were the ones I found easiest both times, and I don’t get how you can have an enhanced standard with this test? For example, I only worked as accurately and as fast as I did the first time round, yet that pass Mark was only to national standard? Still, I passed this time to the enhanced standard so can’t complain :)

I can’t remember how many lines I did (that sounds dodgy....) but think it was about half to 3/4 of each box. And as with the DFFT, I was confident I didn’t make any mistakes on the ones I got. Hope this helps you out, good luck!

Canky83

Got my results through today and I’ve passed to national but failed to meet criteria on enhanced.:'( Opc have advised me I’m not eligible to re-apply to freightliner for 6 months. Can anyone tell me am I eligible to apply for other toc within that 6 months ?? Also does this mean I’ve lost a life ? Thanks in advance !!!!!

GLENMAYE77

You can apply elsewhere right away and you have a national standard pass so you’ve not lost a life as such.

But obviously if another TOC you apply to requires the enhanced standard then you’ll have to resit.

That’s how I understand it

Canky83

Thank you for your swift response this was my first ever application so although I feel very disappointed with my self all is not lost as I still retained my lives! freightliner was my preferred company to be fair as I live approx 1mile from depot. Do all toc require enhanced ? If not I’m assuming my national results would be valid for other toc ?

GJL9916

Don't feel so bad Canky, I just heard back that I failed again on the group bourdon! passed to national standard but not to enhanced, so frustrating as purposely took my time more on this attempt to improve accuracy - did 8/9 lines on each, here's me thinking this was the easiest test out the lot and failed it twice now, at least still got national standard though so we not lost a life and live to fight another day :)

Canky83

It’s a compliment to get to where we got already as I’m led to believe many dont!! but Carnt help feeling like I want to run at a wall head first I don’t know what section I’ve not cut the mustard on yet have emailed opc for feedback just another 5-6 week wait !!!!o_O Chumbawamba Song springs to mind

Last edited:

baz962

Established Member
It’s a compliment to get to where we got already as I’m led to believe many dont!! but Carnt help feeling like I want to run at a wall head first I don’t know what section I’ve not cut the mustard on yet have emailed opc for feedback just another 5-6 week wait !!!!o_O Chumbawamba Song springs to mind

Also to bear in mind , although you can apply to any company that uses national standard straight away , you have lost an enhanced life , so would get one more shot at enhanced. However if during that attempt , you fail to even standard level , that would wipe out the results you have. Good luck with whatever the choice you make.

GJL9916

Also to bear in mind , although you can apply to any company that uses national standard straight away , you have lost an enhanced life , so would get one more shot at enhanced. However if during that attempt , you fail to even standard level , that would wipe out the results you have. Good luck with whatever the choice you make.

Lost an enhanced life? I was pretty sure there is only one nationwide recognised pass mark with the RSSB being the 'standard pass' any other levels are just special requirements from a particular FOC / TOC (which differ between them) so as long as you pass to national / standard level each time you could in theory have as many attempts as you want? As long as that's not within a 6 month period? - That was my understanding anyway!

jag

I wasn't aware that it would wipe your results out if the 2nd time didn't get national standard . Unlucky for not getting the enhanced as needed , like you said you have national so can apply for national standard jobs now ! I'm still waiting for results for online test, dont think I will be invited now by sounds of it everyone sitting the assesments and have already found out !

baz962

Established Member
Lost an enhanced life? I was pretty sure there is only one nationwide recognised pass mark with the RSSB being the 'standard pass' any other levels are just special requirements from a particular FOC / TOC (which differ between them) so as long as you pass to national / standard level each time you could in theory have as many attempts as you want? As long as that's not within a 6 month period? - That was my understanding anyway!

I am sure not or why even have a two life rule. Also it was posted somewhere on this forum that the toc's can actually give you more at any level and it's not actually a requirement to have two lives , but all toc's generally adhere to it. As for wiping out your original national , it is something I had heard just before I did mine . So while I was at opc in Watford I asked and was told that it was true.

I think the opc needs to clarify its position on attempts at standard and enhanced and also pre assessment center tests counting.

I know of people who haven’t been allowed to apply for jobs because enhanced and pre assessment center fails

Stigy

Established Member
You can apply elsewhere right away and you have a national standard pass so you’ve not lost a life as such.

But obviously if another TOC you apply to requires the enhanced standard then you’ll have to resit.

That’s how I understand it
I think it’s what you meant anyway, but worth noting that one would also only have to sit the enhanced tests again (Group Bourden and the DFFT I believe).

Matt85

Anyone else on the second assessment and interview day on the 16th at Basford Hall?

S26Crewe

Anyone else on the second assessment and interview day on the 16th at Basford Hall?

I'm still awaiting a date.
I've had the 'youve been successful' email, but that they are awaiting dates for assessment. Assume I'm going to end up in a talent pool.

Gordon78

Following the second stage assessment at Basford Hall on the 16th of April, I have just received a message from the OPC that I have passed the MMI interview. Has anyone else passed or heard from Freightliner to this date?

Hi Gordon, I know a couple of us are waiting to hear from FL after we swapped over to shunt from mainline after their last recruitment campaign. Hopefully now that the results of this most recent recruitment have started to come in we'll hear more soon. Congrats on passing the assessments!

Gordon78

Hi Stu and many thanks!
I did hear from one of the FL PM’s that 2 out of the 7 positions required have already been taken. Now as this intake of applicants are just now receiving results for the assessments one must presume that those two positions must be from the talent pool?
I wish you the best of luck, how long have you been waiting?

I think it must have been February that I swapped to the talent pool for the Shunt, feels like its been a lot longer. I'm guessing I may be one of those two, or at least I hope I am.
I assume they're just waiting on the remaining applicants results to start the next phase.

Gordon78

Fingers crossed for you. They will probably backfill the talent pool positions once the new positions have been allocated. Still hope!

jag

Hi, I have been invited to the 2nd stage assessment day with MMI and Dmi on the 26th June in Watford . Not Sure if there are any shunter positions still available or this will be for sitting in a Pool . How many people where successful and started in May ? Has anyone got any info the questions for Mmi and Dmi. thanks

Best advice I can give you for the MMI and DMI is to make sure you know the company values and how they apply to the role, and be prepared to answer questions about specific situations you may find yourself in :) I was successful in December but I'm still waiting for a start date, unsure how many started in May, there's a few of us waiting in the talent pool for the depot I applied for though

jag

Hello , anyone who sat 2nd stage assesment on 26th watford heard results for MMI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.