• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jason.bourne

Peak forest, I've recently passed my psychometrics so wouldn't be doing them.
Don't feel too confident on my online assessment performance to be honest, found them harder than the actual psychometrics but maybe that was to do with finding it harder to focus at home.
Thanks And this was for tilbury. I think you will hear very soon what depot did you apply for?

Heard back today as well, assessment on the 10th December in Watford. What depot you apply for?
I completed the online tests on the 12th November, and have finally heard back that I’ve passed and have an assessment on the 10th December! Anyone else heard anything?

Monkey87

Hey everyone, I’ve been invited to the first stage assessment on Dec 10th.
Can anyone tell me how many stages there are to the assessments, I know there’s two different interviews and a medical. But I’m just wondering, how many days all the stages will be spread across?
TIA.

Matt85

Hey everyone, I’ve been invited to the first stage assessment on Dec 10th.
Can anyone tell me how many stages there are to the assessments, I know there’s two different interviews and a medical. But I’m just wondering, how many days all the stages will be spread across?
TIA.

2 days, 1st one for written tests if you pass them you’ll be invited for another day for computer based assessments and the two interviews.

Monkey87

2 days, 1st one for written tests if you pass them you’ll be invited for another day for computer based assessments and the two interviews.
Thanks for your reply.
And then it’s medical/eyesight. Anything else after that? I remember there being 7 steps listed on the job advert. Stupidly I didn’t take a screenshot!

Matt85

Thanks for your reply.
And then it’s medical/eyesight. Anything else after that? I remember there being 7 steps listed on the job advert. Stupidly I didn’t take a screenshot!

Not sure to be honest. I passed everything about 8 months ago and been sat in a talent pool since

I applied for Reading depot. First time making assessment centre but I assume there’ll be quite a few attending on the same day from all over.

Dave Tasty

Have FL even got the the previous lot / original posters from 18 month ago into jobs yet?

A lot of people have started and I suspect quite a few have either finished or are quite close to finishing their training. However, there are more than a few of us still waiting, whilst several have gotten jobs with other companies whilst waiting.

There is a guy that was interviewed at the same time as me who is halfway through his driving hours. It can be a slow process it just depends where they need people the most.

Tstageman

I had an email today to say I had passed online assessments and have been invited to assessment centre on the 11th December. What I don't get is, and I have emailed the OPC, I have both stage 1 and stage 2 assessments passed and completed still in date. And when I applied for the same position about 12/18 months ago, I just did online and then straight to Interview. Neither my stage 1 or stage 2 has expired since then...confused...but will see what the OPC say when they email me back

DogDays

I had an email today to say I had passed online assessments and have been invited to assessment centre on the 11th December. What I don't get is, and I have emailed the OPC, I have both stage 1 and stage 2 assessments passed and completed still in date. And when I applied for the same position about 12/18 months ago, I just did online and then straight to Interview. Neither my stage 1 or stage 2 has expired since then...confused...but will see what the OPC say when they email me back
I had the same email and I've passed both stages too. The email says that on the day they will let me know which of the 4 tests I will need to complete, so I can only assume that at least 1 of my passes was not to a high enough standard.
I don't mind taking some tests again but it would be very handy to know which ones I'll need to take, eskecially considering they have the information available. I don't understand why they wouldn't tell us in advance

Tstageman

Yes me too DogDays. I have emailed them and if I don't get a response I will phone over the next couple of days, just for peace of mind and to know what the situation is. The couple of previous occasions I have spoken to the OPC, they have always been very helpful. I'll see if I have any luck. I was really hoping I might still have time to have 1 more crack at applying without having to sit any of these dreaded tests but might not get away with it! lol

DogDays

Yes me too DogDays. I have emailed them and if I don't get a response I will phone over the next couple of days, just for peace of mind and to know what the situation is. The couple of previous occasions I have spoken to the OPC, they have always been very helpful. I'll see if I have any luck. I was really hoping I might still have time to have 1 more crack at applying without having to sit any of these dreaded tests but might not get away with it! lol
If you don't mind I'd be really interested to know what their response is (if any) and I'll get on to them too.
Do you mind if I ask how long ago you passed the tests?
My biggest concern is that it states if I fail any of the stages that will overwrite my existing passes. Considering I'm currently sitting in a talent pool for another TOC, that could be rather troublesome......

Dave Tasty

The opc will get back to you and let you know. I had the same when I originally applied even though I had enhanced passes. Turns out Freightliner require you to sit the DFFT as well, a test I didn't do when I applied to a TOC. So I travelled to Crewe to sit one test that lasted barely 15 minutes. This could be a reason why they have invited you.

DogDays

The opc will get back to you and let you know. I had the same when I originally applied even though I had enhanced passes. Turns out Freightliner require you to sit the DFFT as well, a test I didn't do when I applied to a TOC. So I travelled to Crewe to sit one test that lasted barely 15 minutes. This could be a reason why they have invited you.
Thanks Dave, that's really helpful. The people that received replies first are all going on 10th so perhaps the aseessment day on 11th is for those that already have passes?

Tstageman

Yes of course, I'll put a post on here as and when I hear back from them.
I passed Stage 1 with C2C 6th October 2015 at Southend Central, I passed to National Standard but not to C2C Enhanced hence I passed but didn't get any further. I then passed Stage 2 with Greater Anglia on 4th June 2018. As I said above, on the previous attempt with FL, I got straight through for interview. I know that most of the Passenger TOCs want your assessments to be 3 years in date or less but I gather that Freightliner, GBRf etc want them to be 5 years in date or less so not sure why now this has happened...

Yes, thats a hard decision to make, I'm not keen on this 'overwriting previous results' thing! I would only sit that test if you are feeling confident you'd pass it again (I know thats easier said than done!)

EDIT: Ok, thanks Dave, yes that does make some sense...however I did do the DFFT with C2C....

Dave Tasty

Thanks Dave, that's really helpful. The people that received replies first are all going on 10th so perhaps the aseessment day on 11th is for those that already have passes?

Sorry pal, don't think I explained myself very well. I went to Crewe and it was a normal assessment day there were 4 of us that had to sit one of the tests again. We had to wait in the lobby of the hotel while the other candidates went through the tests when they got to the one we were missing we joined everybody else and sat the test we needed to do. It seemed like I was waiting for ages, very nerve racking.

EDIT: Ok, thanks Dave, yes that does make some sense...however I did do the DFFT with C2C....
Not sure what to say about. Best wait for the opc to get back to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.