• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason.bourne

Thanks Dave, that's really helpful. The people that received replies first are all going on 10th so perhaps the aseessment day on 11th is for those that already have passes?
The opc got back to me today to clarify that I will only be sitting the dfft also and I'm on the 10th.
A long way to travel for one test lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DogDays

The opc got back to me today to clarify that I will only be sitting the dfft also and I'm on the 10th.
A long way to travel for one test lol
I just received the same reply, let's hope they do the DFFT first or it'll be a very long day!

Tstageman

So according to an email I got yesterday, my Group Bourdon score isn't high enough...i.e. they have enhanced standard for this. Yet it was sufficient in my previous application only a year ago....chances of them increasing their standards since last year....? Something doesn't feel right....

Mgv1349

So according to an email I got yesterday, my Group Bourdon score isn't high enough...i.e. they have enhanced standard for this. Yet it was sufficient in my previous application only a year ago....chances of them increasing their standards since last year....? Something doesn't feel right....
When you did them last year did you pass to national or enhanced?

Tstageman

I didn't do them last year, Stage 1 I did in October 2015 however I did apply for Freightliner last year and my assessment results were sufficient then...

Mgv1349

I didn't do them last year, Stage 1 I did in October 2015 however I did apply for Freightliner last year and my assessment results were sufficient then...
Oh ok, were they standard or enhanced? That is strange though

Eggs&Bacon

Got to do DFFT, and MAYBE the Group Bourdon. So now got to look at dots for the next week, AGAIN.! Because MAYBE I’ll have to sit them again. Thought I was rid of them. :lol:

PlexiDriver

Does anyone have the job advert saved somewhere for the most recent freightliner trainee positions? Just wanted to look over it!

GaryMG

Good luck for DFFT, DMI, etc everyone.

I have day one assessment on the 11th and have a couple of questions.

1. I believe all day 1 assessments are pencil and paper. Is this correct.?
2. Is there any other prep that would be useful asides from running through the practice material and the additional material that OPC offer?

Any advice would be appreciated
All the best
Gary

4F89

Yes
No. The stuff sent will give you a good grounding. Dont practise too hard, nerves do most people over.

Stigy

Established Member
What's the difference between stage 1 assessment centre and stage 2?
Stage one is typically pencil and paper assessments whereas stage two is computer based. Some TOCs have things in different formations and some even do all the assessments on the same day and then have the interviews separately.

Kittman10

Good luck for DFFT, DMI, etc everyone.

I have day one assessment on the 11th and have a couple of questions.

1. I believe all day 1 assessments are pencil and paper. Is this correct.?
2. Is there any other prep that would be useful asides from running through the practice material and the additional material that OPC offer?

Any advice would be appreciated
All the best
Gary

Hello
I would practice the group bourdon if I were you.
If you walk in cold you will probably fail it.
Print off 5 sheets and test yourself a couple of times a day 2 minutes per sheet which is what the test is going to be.
You need to be aiming for around 8 lines down with no more that a few mistakes in total.
No one knows what the exact pass mark is but if you achieve the above you should be ok.
Hope this helps.

Hello
I would practice the group bourdon if I were you.
If you walk in cold you will probably fail it.
Print off 5 sheets and test yourself a couple of times a day 2 minutes per sheet which is what the test is going to be.
You need to be aiming for around 8 lines down with no more that a few mistakes in total.
No one knows what the exact pass mark is but if you achieve the above you should be ok.
Hope this helps.

Where can these be printed off and how does it work?

D5581

Has anyone who applied to the trainee driver positions last month heard back from their VSE and M7 test results?
I've passed the Pyschrometric tests earlier this year.
Should i take it as bad news that 4 weeks on I still haven't heard back whether I passed the VSE and M& SJT?

deepblue82

Has anyone who applied to the trainee driver positions last month heard back from their VSE and M7 test results?
I've passed the Pyschrometric tests earlier this year.
Should i take it as bad news that 4 weeks on I still haven't heard back whether I passed the VSE and M& SJT?

I heard back recently after just under 20 working days and had passed the online VSE and M7 with paper tests coming up this Thursday in Watford. Pretty sure the application was open until well after I applied though so depending on when you applied and completed the tests you might need to wait a touch longer. I was pretty much the 20 working days / 4 weeks they said it would be with me.

DogDays

Good luck to all those completing stage 1 assessments today - could one of you please let us know at which point in the day the DFFT is?
Many thanks

fourandbov

Good luck to all those completing stage 1 assessments today - could one of you please let us know at which point in the day the DFFT is?
Many thanks
For me it was the last test.

Group Bourdon
Trainability for rules Part 1 and 2
TEA-Occ
DFFT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.