• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

choochoochoo

Established Member
Anybody done the MMI recently ? Are they still asking the same standard 6 questions like last year ? No sneaky changes ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordan ruck

Exactly the same position here. Pool for a year and last phone call October
Good few of us in this position then. Got to try and keep positive I suppose. Weird how they are recruiting again with so many of us still waiting for a start date for training.

TheNewGuy

Good few of us in this position then. Got to try and keep positive I suppose. Weird how they are recruiting again with so many of us still waiting for a start date for training.
It's looking unlikely the February course can happen too I'd say. Especially if we all need medicals, maybe yet another interview and to give a month's notice to our current employers...

Bristol VRIII

Been in the pool since early December 2018, got the call on the 10th October this year saying I'd find out within a month if I'd be on a course in early 2020. Heard nothing positive back yet. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago. Got the standard response, no information can be given due to ever changing business needs, and all that stuff. Said they would be in touch in due course. Just got to keep waiting I suppose and hope it all works out at some point.

Me too mate I've been in the pool since October 2018

PickleTree

congratulations on passing i bet thats a weight off your shoulders! I was there yesterday passed all computer test but not too sure on MMI, didnt feel it went as well as it could have, will just have to wait and see i guess... How did your MMI go

Felt exactly the same about the MMI, thought I had failed it, mainly because he didn’t give an inch away during the interview. Obviously I said what they wanted though so that’s good and yes a big weight off.

Stigy

Established Member
Does any body know how long all your test results are valid for?
If you’re talking about the psychometric tests, it varies. Freightliner will accept them for 5 years, but it’s usually between 2 and 5 years depending on the TOC or FOC.

Dave Tasty

Agreed, got to try and stay positive however difficult that may be. This time last year I was absolutely ecstatic, that has faded slightly, but I have to keep the faith. There was one other guy that mentioned he got a call in October @KeviWill Does anyone know how he got on? With the recruiting I think that is for depots down south, which is a not the best news for most of us. That suggests that the next few courses might be focussed on that area of the business. We will probably get a clearer picture of where we stand when Freightliner start allocating for the next course.

Stigy

Established Member
Well I’ve just had some news and I’ve passed the MMI! I must say I was convinced i had failed it especially regarding the task similar to a train driver, I used a long drive as an example and somehow managed to say I lost concentration for a second!! But had methods to regain my concentration lol. Anyone else heard anything that was at the OPC on the 9th?
Congrats! I used that example too and passed. I thought I’d messed up too, in that I said when asked, that I kept myself alert by speaking to the kids etc, then backtracked as she looked concerned :E.

At the end of the day, we are all human, and it’s expected that you will lose concentration sometimes. The fact that you had methods to regain your concentration is no doubt what they liked about that scenario. Good luck with a future course!

PickleTree

Hopefully once the bulk of us have completed stage 2 they will get in contact regarding the DMI. I know I have seen on here somewhere that somebody received a phone call last week regarding DMI for Tilbury.

chartsengrafs

Well I’ve just had some news and I’ve passed the MMI! I must say I was convinced i had failed it especially regarding the task similar to a train driver, I used a long drive as an example and somehow managed to say I lost concentration for a second!! But had methods to regain my concentration lol. Anyone else heard anything that was at the OPC on the 9th?

Congrats, and to @hiredgun . I was with you on 9th and found out this morning that I failed the MMI. It didn't come as a surprise to be honest.

I just found it a really weird experience. I've never had an interview anything like it - and, yes, I know it wasn't exactly an "interview". Questions I had no idea how to even begin to answer. It didn't help that my assessor was yawning and staring in to the middle distance. Be interested to hear what they say in my feedback.

hiredgun

Congrats, and to @hiredgun . I was with you on 9th and found out this morning that I failed the MMI. It didn't come as a surprise to be honest.

I just found it a really weird experience. I've never had an interview anything like it - and, yes, I know it wasn't exactly an "interview". Questions I had no idea how to even begin to answer. It didn't help that my assessor was yawning and staring in to the middle distance. Be interested to hear what they say in my feedback.

Sorry to hear that...
Was it attempt 1 for you?

Your user name suggests a maths type background...might you currently be a teacher?

deepblue82

Eight more of us were at the OPC for stage 2 yesterday, and four of us made it to the MMI. Found stage 2 tough (well the photo test and the 2-hand test) and was surprised I got through but I think that is a pretty common feeling. The practice materials on the photo memory test slightly lull you into a false sense of security giving you up to two seconds per image, it was a lot less than that in the real test. Hard to know how the MMI went.

Last edited:

PickleTree

Eight more of us were at the OPC for stage 2 yesterday, and four of us made it to the MMI. Found stage 2 tough (well the photo test and the 2-hand test) and was surprised I got through but I think that is a pretty common feeling. The practice materials on the photo memory test slightly lull you into a false sense of security giving you up to two seconds per image, it was a lot less than that in the real test. Hard to know how the MMI went.

Good luck with the outcome @deepblue82, keep us posted. That is quite a big fall out after the computer tests, when I did mine only 1 person didn't make it to MMI. I am hoping that once all the stage 2's have been completed this week that we might start to hear about DMI dates. Is anybody booked in for stage 2 next week or later?

Good luck with the outcome @deepblue82, keep us posted. That is quite a big fall out after the computer tests, when I did mine only 1 person didn't make it to MMI. I am hoping that once all the stage 2's have been completed this week that we might start to hear about DMI dates. Is anybody booked in for stage 2 next week or later?
Good question. It would be handy to know if there are any more stage 2s so we get an idea if things are moving on for those who are waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.