• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan ruck

Afternoon all

I had my final interview in the Freightliner London office mid December and was told I’ll hear of a start date for tilbury by the end of December.

I have not heard a thing since then even after chasing them up with an email?

Anyone know if there are any planned start dates for tilbury?

Quite a handful of us have been waiting for a start date for over a year now and was told around November time that they had plans for February courses but we have all still yet to hear a thing.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave Tasty

Quite a handful of us have been waiting for a start date for over a year now and was told around November time that they had plans for February courses but we have all still yet to hear a thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if that course has been filled already. I have no evidence of this but I believe there must be a number of people in the talent pool that are not aware of this site or are not active on these boards. Therefore we have no real knowledge of exactly how many of us are still waiting.

Network2020

There is a course starting in February but I’m guessing we are not the chosen ones.
I suppose we just sit here with everything crossed and hope we hear something soon.

SpitfireAle

Anyone else who's been swimming in the pool had an email for an interview? I received one with regards to a position at the Crewe heavy haul depot.

Jordan ruck

Anyone else who's been swimming in the pool had an email for an interview? I received one with regards to a position at the Crewe heavy haul depot.
As in you’ve already had your DMI for your depot of your choice but they’ve offered you another interview for another depot?

JLyons

I am not in the pool but waiting for a DMI date so this news sounds positive that things might start moving again.

if you’re not even in the talent pool yet that would mean you’ve no doubt get a 12-24 month wait for an email about potential courses (if you’re successful). Once / if you get a DMI date then soon as it’s out the way I’d start looking at other vacancies with some local TOCs

Paulm36

I am not in the pool but waiting for a DMI date so this news sounds positive that things might start moving again.
Just so you don't get a totally negative view, I was only in the pool for a few weeks before being offered a place on a course. It will all come down to business needs and the depots you've applied to.

SpitfireAle

As in you’ve already had your DMI for your depot of your choice but they’ve offered you another interview for another depot?

Yes I had my DMI back in late November 2018, been in the pool for 14 months. The depots I'm down for are Leeds, Manchester, Guide Bridge and Garston. I will go to the interview for Crewe as I have been waiting so long I don't want to pass it up as I fear if I do I may never get a start at the other locations (Those locations all being more convenient). I also have a DMI today for Northern, for a role based in Manchester, which would be far better suited for commuting. It's thrown my head a bit as I'd all but given up on Freightliner.

Bristol VRIII

Yes I had my DMI back in late November 2018, been in the pool for 14 months. The depots I'm down for are Leeds, Manchester, Guide Bridge and Garston. I will go to the interview for Crewe as I have been waiting so long I don't want to pass it up as I fear if I do I may never get a start at the other locations (Those locations all being more convenient). I also have a DMI today for Northern, for a role based in Manchester, which would be far better suited for commuting. It's thrown my head a bit as I'd all but given up on Freightliner.

Hi mate we have been in the talent pool for the same duration, hope your interview(s) go well, my assessments have expired with most TOCS as over 3 yrs

hiredgun

Just so you don't get a totally negative view, It will all come down to business needs and the depots you've applied to.

A good point, supply/demand at a particular depot.
Also how you got on at the DMI, clearly some people make more of an impression than others..?

And what the results of the pyscho’s were, we see PASS/ENHANCED PASS/FAIL... I suggest the OPC have a more detailed breakdown that they pass the the TOC/FOC...

I’m suggesting it’s not a ‘first come, first served’

But they pick the best candidate for the needs of the spacific depot...???

Dave Tasty

You are right, it is not first come first served. It is based on your interview score and vacancies are decided on business needs. For example, if you have two vacancies at a depot that needs recruits, they are offered to the two people with the highest scores, if they are not able to accept then the role will be offered to the next one on the list and so on till the vacancy is filled. The trouble we have when trying to second guess all of this is we do not know how many are on our list, our scores/position on said list and the current or future business needs of Freightliner. Trying to figure all of this out consumes to much effort and ultimately you have no control over the situation. A lot of it is down to luck and geography. It is just a waiting game and however hard it is you have to keep the faith.

Tommy89

Has anybody had a DMI recently and can give some good pointers on what it actually involves?

Last edited:

Rylievie

DMI is just a managers interview. I have done 2 in the past year and both had a Manager from the depot and a person from HR. The questions do vary but a quick search on this forum and you will get an idea of what kind of questions you will be asked. Be prepared to answer questions on the company and why you want to be a driver. I would advise you to do your homework and just be honest in your answers. Practice the STAR method as in the MMI and you will be fine.

PickleTree

Has anybody had a DMI recently and can give some good pointers on what it actually involves?

I've had an email inviting me to mine at the end of February so I just want to be as prepared as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Tommy.

When did you complete your MMI and tests @Tommy89?

Mekiz79

Has anyone had a DMI yet?

I got offered one at the beginning of January but I wasnt able to make the date they offered so I had to decline. I have since got a start date with Greater Anglia so I am not too fussed to be honest but I never heard back from them with another interview date.

Status
Not open for further replies.