• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tommy89

Yes mate or phone them, your check will have a reference number on it and they can check it!
Lovely, thanks mate. I've just applied for mine so should recieve it in a couple of days. Who did you contact, just the mobile number the HR lady called from or is there another number for HR ?

Tester1

Lovely, thanks mate. I've just applied for mine so should recieve it in a couple of days. Who did you contact, just the mobile number the HR lady called from or is there another number for HR ?
Just the HR number mate

hiredgun

I guess it would be best to wait for guidance from the FOC’s HR dept?
I’m sure they will tell you what is required and when they need it?

I’d be worried about getting the wrong thing and wasting time and money!

Tommy89

Evening Gents, I've spoken to Tracey at HR today and she has told me that the course starting May 4th is 100% going ahead and we should be expecting our dates for medicals and offers in principle through very soon. She apologised for the time its taking but with everything that's going on with the coronavirus she's been running around like a headless chicken !

Alfielee

Evening Gents, I've spoken to Tracey at HR today and she has told me that the course starting May 4th is 100% going ahead and we should be expecting our dates for medicals and offers in principle through very soon. She apologised for the time its taking but with everything that's going on with the coronavirus she's been running around like a headless chicken !
Great news, thanks for the update

Tombo456

Thats great news, thanks tommy for doing the groundwork, I was thinking of ringing HR myself, you have saved us all some time there :)

Jobi-wan

Hello mate, look forward to meeting you properly in May.
Ipswich is a decent depot. It's always very daunting starting at a new place of work, particularly where there are a lot of new faces and personalities, but when I started in 2018 I was made to feel welcome by every single person there. They all spoke to me by name and always had time for a chat. You'll love it. Look forward to meeting you Ipswich lot once you've started. In the meantime, if you have any questions drop me a private message!

chris360g

Just looking in to doing my dbs check.. do you defo need a passport to do it? I think mines run out!

chris360g

Also hearing last night the passenger trains are gonna be dropping to Sunday service and freight is gonna be given priority!

deepblue82

I hadn't heard anything on a DMI after passing all my OPC tests, applied for Eastleigh.

Frankly now I don't expect to hear now. Even those who had heard I am not sure how training courses could be held for the foreseeable future given social restrictions in place at the moment. Given the speed, or lack of speed, with recruitment in the rail industry (only from what I have picked up on these forums) Coronavirus will have only made that worse.

I applied as well at a passenger TOC but certainly don't expect to hear on that. At a time they are talking about laying off qualified staff (though this may be different now with government support) I am not sure how they could take on new trainees.

chris360g

Yeah mate, gutted this has all come along now, obviously understand it’s all for the greater good and I’m sure as soon as the country gets underway again the jobs and courses will still be there

Tommy89

I've just had my medical today in London and from what I've been told from HR the course starting 4th May is 100% going ahead. Fingers crossed !

Chingy

I've just had my medical today in London and from what I've been told from HR the course starting 4th May is 100% going ahead. Fingers crossed !

It can only 100% go ahead if government advice/rules allow it. FL have little control over that.

FWIW, current FL trainees have been placed on call at home as social distancing have prevented more than one driver in the cab etc. There is some current unknowns about what's happening with current FL trainees as things stand.

Hope it does go smoothly for you though. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.