• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMH77

Exactly, which is why the SJTs where you just select the option you’d chose are better usually. In this example three of them are ‘no no’ answers, technically. But how do you grade which definite ‘no’ is number four, three and two? That might not have been the best example but there were a couple of questions where it would have been more difficult.

Certainly have to think about what they expect you to put, rather than what morally is correct? Bit like the party question? My misses would kill me if I promised her a dirty weekend only to have to work instead therefore I’d probably let my colleague work tired if he was okay with it and I’d buy him some beers :) :)

There were definitely a few that made you think but I don't remember any where i couldn't come to a conclusion. I just thought safety and company policy first and to hell with the consequences so I'm hoping that's the attitude they would want you to have...

I hope you didn't use that way of thinking when you answered it! :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lenny_1986

Was one of the questions on the application ‘What year was Freightliner Group founded?’ or was it ‘What year did Freightliners first service run?’
Think I might of fell at the first hurdle

JMH77

I’ve always thought that. One I found particularly confusing was one that stated “a train has stopped outside a station and passengers are complaining about the time” One option stated no one to leave the train. However, the others all suggested leaving the train and walking on the tracks. The order those three would go in was open to close discretion

The three options that involved leaving the train were all quite different in terms of the dangers posed to the idiots that wanted to get off though. I do know what you mean though. The pregnant lady one was a definite moral obligation v company policy thing. Not that Heavy Haul and Intermodal drivers will often find a pregnant lady on their train I hope! o_O

Yellowbelly

The three options that involved leaving the train were all quite different in terms of the dangers posed to the idiots that wanted to get off though. I do know what you mean though. The pregnant lady one was a definite moral obligation v company policy thing. Not that Heavy Haul and Intermodal drivers will often find a pregnant lady on their train I hope! o_O
I was constantly thinking that. Am I applying for freight or passenger!

JMH77

Was one of the questions on the application ‘What year was Freightliner Group founded?’ or was it ‘What year did Freightliners first service run?’
Think I might of fell at the first hurdle

You've got me worried now! It was definitely worded in such a way to try and cause confusion.

JMH77

I was constantly thinking that. Am I applying for freight or passenger!

Unfortunately there wasn't a "stop at the next station and arrange for the lady to be met by BPT as she shouldn't be on there in the first place" option.

Lenny_1986

You've got me worried now! It was definitely worded in such a way to try and cause confusion.
Wikipedia states it was founded as Freightliner Group in 1995 yet after more research the history goes back to 1965, first service London to Scotland

The worst thing you can do after an exam is go over the questions with others who also sat it - all it does is make you worry :)

Lenny_1986

Gents that’s me recieved the email for the next stage. Has anyone else heard anything yet?

Stigy

Established Member
There were definitely a few that made you think but I don't remember any where i couldn't come to a conclusion. I just thought safety and company policy first and to hell with the consequences so I'm hoping that's the attitude they would want you to have...

I hope you didn't use that way of thinking when you answered it! :lol:
Haha, No, I answered the questions with safety as a priority and as I believe any company would want me to answer them ;)

Cheggers

Gents that’s me recieved the email for the next stage. Has anyone else heard anything yet?
Yes me too. I passed the two online tests with Virgin recently for their Apprentice Scheme but it says I have to do them again as it's Freightliner policy that regardless of passing them before, I have to retake test. They're straight forward tests but require a lot of concentration. I will have to do them tomorrow as of abroad for two weeks on saturday. Good luck.

Stigy

Established Member
No not yet does that mean bad news ahead?
No necessarily I imagine they had loads of applications and even though I assume these emails are automated, it often takes time to filter through.

Markdev

I have had an e mail back to complete another 2 opc tests a vse and sjt to be completed by the 9th, I just want clarification on something if anyone can point out if I do the tests again and fail enhanced and standard I lose my current standard that I’ve got is this correct ? But obviously if I pass then that’s all good

martin2345uk

Established Member
Woohoo finally got through to a "next stage" in a train driver application process :lol::lol:

Timpg

I have had an e mail back to complete another 2 opc tests a vse and sjt to be completed by the 9th, I just want clarification on something if anyone can point out if I do the tests again and fail enhanced and standard I lose my current standard that I’ve got is this correct ? But obviously if I pass then that’s all good

I recently passed my psychometric with Freightliner, when they advertised last for ipswich/ tilbury. There was 2 or 3 chaps there who had previously passed their standard psychometric, but needed to re sit a couple of test to the enhanced standard, think it was the group bourden. The opc said that if they failed, it would overwrite their current psychometric and count as a one of their two strikes. As if the test don’t put you under enough pressure!!!!

Markdev

I recently passed my psychometric with Freightliner, when they advertised last for ipswich/ tilbury. There was 2 or 3 chaps there who had previously passed their standard psychometric, but needed to re sit a couple of test to the enhanced standard, think it was the group bourden. The opc said that if they failed, it would overwrite their current psychometric and count as a one of their two strikes. As if the test don’t put you under enough pressure!!!!
Thought as much, I just don’t want to lose the standard, I went for enhanced with EMT and only managed standard tbf only failed on 2 and just need to be a bit more accurate next time

Timpg

Thought as much, I just don’t want to lose the standard, I went for enhanced with EMT and only managed standard tbf only failed on 2 and just need to be a bit more accurate next time

It is a gamble mate, and probably not a position I would like to be in! But I guess I’m lucky and passed it 1st time ( god knows how!! ) , I know one thing for sure... I never want to have to do those tests again hahaaaa!!!

Markdev

It is a gamble mate, and probably not a position I would like to be in! But I guess I’m lucky and passed it 1st time ( god knows how!! ) , I know one thing for sure... I never want to have to do those tests again hahaaaa!!!
Yeah big gamble really, thanks for info though much appreciated

Timpg

Cheers pal all the best to you if you’re going for it

Cheers mate, I was successful from the last batch of applicants when they last advertised a few months ago. Iv got a medical next month, then just awaiting a course date in the start of the new year!!

Lew0291

I’m also through to the next lot of tests.
Could anybody shed some light as to what these tests entail? Any info would be great thank you.

Teddyward

Well I’ve thrown my hat in for heavy haul seeing as I didn’t get in on intermodal last time but was told not to be put off applying again.

martin2345uk

Established Member
This sounds poor but I don't actually recall which one I went for, Freightliner Ltd or Freightliner Heavy Haul... I think I went for Ltd, which I assume must be intermodal?

Status
Not open for further replies.