• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLENMAYE77

I’ve not got a Stage 2 date yet but I’m my email it advises either in or after October 2018.....I have a holiday booked for the first 2 weeks of November. I’m wondering if I give them notice of these dates would they take them in to account so as not to give me a Stage 2 date whilst I’m away?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I’ve not got a Stage 2 date yet but I’m my email it advises either in or after October 2018.....I have a holiday booked for the first 2 weeks of November. I’m wondering if I give them notice of these dates would they take them in to account so as not to give me a Stage 2 date whilst I’m away?
I rang as im away the end of this month and if i passed stage 1 i didnt want istage 2 falling on those days... i was told its all done by email and i would have to wait until i recieved a pass or fail email. Thankfully i passed and the date i got was for the 3rd of next month but people on here have tried to change dates in the past and have been told "no" basically.

GLENMAYE77

I rang as im away the end of this month and if i passed stage 1 i didnt want istage 2 falling on those days... i was told its all done by email and i would have to wait until i recieved a pass or fail email. Thankfully i passed and the date i got was for the 3rd of next month but people on here have tried to change dates in the past and have been told "no" basically.

That’s what I’ve seen, I thought if I tell them before they allocate dates I may have a better chance?

Jake Brown

I sat stage 1 on the 30th Aug and passed!! Stage 2 for me is on the 17th October. Strange how some people haven’t been told specific dates yet for the stage 2?

GLENMAYE77

I sat stage 1 on the 30th Aug and passed!! Stage 2 for me is on the 17th October. Strange how some people haven’t been told specific dates yet for the stage 2?

I think it’s down to how urgent the requirement is at each depot.
Think Crewe and Birmingham seem to be the 1st batch.

Bristol VRIII

I’m planning on doing the same....I don’t have much choice as it’s a 200-mile journey for me. It could be a bit of a nightmare with the stuff I need to take, although not loads, I don’t like to turn up at these things with a backpack or similar and a load of paperwork as it can look disorganised I guess. Although I won’t have a lot to bring, even taking my suit will require some planning I guess :)

Well done on passing mate, anybody else got stage 2 on 26th September?

Pete C

Yeah! I’m asssuming that you’re travelling quite far as well, are you going night before and staying in a hotel?
Yeah absolutely, in the Premier Inn :)

Was going to take the train up too from Euston as less stress, but it seems you can't really get to the assessment building on foot which is annoying so might have to drive.

Nishhh

Was going to take the train up too from Euston as less stress, but it seems you can't really get to the assessment building on foot which is annoying so might have to drive.

Yeah I have read that somewhere too.
Will have to drive as well although 3.5 hours eeeek.
What date is your stage 2?

Stigy

Established Member

I think you can get their on foot, but there are a lack of footpaths in the industrial area from what I gather. Can't see it being any busier in that respect than the Ibis Hotel was for Stage 1.

Stigy

Established Member
Well done on passing mate, anybody else got stage 2 on 26th September?

Cheers mate, and you. Relieved and a bit surprised haha. But I've always said that sometimes in these situations you just don't know how it's gone and can't call it until the email arrives.

Nishhh

Cheers mate, and you. Relieved and a bit surprised haha. But I've always said that sometimes in these situations you just don't know how it's gone and can't call it until the email arrives.

Totally agree.

Was wondering if they eventually tell you how you scored on each test individually...

Mizzmo

for the people who have taken the Tea-Occ test is the test exactly like the one in the following link? is it as straight forward, or does it increase in tempo? many thanks

Pete C

I think you can get their on foot, but there are a lack of footpaths in the industrial area from what I gather. Can't see it being any busier in that respect than the Ibis Hotel was for Stage 1.
The problem is how far it is - the road once you're inside the Freightliner bit alone is about 15 mins walk! I'll try to illustrate with some screenshots...
Screenshot_20180912-123544_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20180912-123646_Maps.jpg

Mizzmo

For low tones, there's one video on YouTube, (search tea-occ and you should find it), and also if you Google "low tones test track 1" you'll find another. They're both a fair bit harder than the actual test so if you can do them you'll be fine :)
thank you. only just seen your post now

Cheggers

Hey guys,

Subject to medical I've been accepted into their trainee driver programme. 3.5 years of waiting has paid off. I'm over the moon.

It's moved so quickly since stage 2 testing on 4th September. If I remember I think they're looking at early november start and I'm down for Birmingham.

It's a good sign for rest of you how quickly it's moved. Not seen that before

Pete C

Hey guys,

Subject to medical I've been accepted into their trainee driver programme. 3.5 years of waiting has paid off. I'm over the moon.

It's moved so quickly since stage 2 testing on 4th September. If I remember I think they're looking at early november start and I'm down for Birmingham.

Hey, well done man! That's awesome! Hopefully there will be many more posts like yours on this thread :)

Nishhh

Hey guys,

Congratulations!!!

Nishhh

Hey guys,

What was the MMI and DMI like?

Can you give us an idea of what to expect...

Jay_t

Hey guys,

Massive achivement that mate, congratulations!!!! Bet your chuffed..

Branston

Hey guys,

Awesome news mate
Mad to think you’re at this stage, and some of us just done stage 1 this afternoon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.