• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
Stig, it's a confusing one mate. Best advice I can give is to seek the answers from the horse's mouth mate and give Jo from the OPC an email to arrange a phone chat. At least you know where you stand then. In the meantime, keep your chin up bud and get back out there.
Thanks, I think I will definitely do this. As you say, best to get it from the hirse’s mouth and all that!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spyder01

Has anybody who applied for Birmingham been given a date for a course or medical yet? Keep reading it’s a high priority depot but haven’t seen anyone post that they’ve had an offer?
I passed stage 2 on Monday 8th, not heard anything yet and not sure how long to wait before contacting them again. They've emailed me for a couple of bits of information so at least that indicates they're getting there :)

Lee0901

Failed dmi interview
On a positive though passed all opc stuff first attempt at applying for trainee train driver. I'll get some feedback from freightliner next week and go from there. Good luck to everyone that got the job.

GJ_DAN

Sorry to hear that Stigy and Lee, best of luck for the future. Hopefully next time!

Stigy

Established Member
Failed dmi interview
On a positive though passed all opc stuff first attempt at applying for trainee train driver. I'll get some feedback from freightliner next week and go from there. Good luck to everyone that got the job.
Sorry to hear this mate. Can you let me know what feedback you get if comfortable doing so? I’ll do the same, PM if you like. I think it could help to get somebody else’s situation and compare notes so we can give it our best shot next time. What depot did you put in for?

Lee0901

Sorry to hear this mate. Can you let me know what feedback you get if comfortable doing so? I’ll do the same, PM if you like. I think it could help to get somebody else’s situation and compare notes so we can give it our best shot next time. What depot did you put in for?

Yes will do I applied for peak forest

Just had my email. Unfortunately not successful. So for me at least, the dream is on hold :(

Good luck to the rest of you still yet to hear back!
Sorry to hear this guys, it’s hard (I’ve been their before) and you just need to keep your eyes open for more opportunities.
It will happen if you keep going.

L.T

Passed my stage 2 on the 17th in Crewe, still waiting to hear back about the mmi and dmi tho! Frantically checking emails every couple of hours lol. I was told you would hear back about the mmi within a couple of days then 7-10 days for the dmi anyone had any results from the same week yet?
Also was told they interviewing 6 people a day till Christmas!

Davidh89

Hi All,

I passed stage 2 on 16th October but unfortunately got the email on the 19th that I had been unsuccessful in regards to the DMI, just wondering if the results for the MMI are sent after? appreciate any info

Thanks!

Mike121

Hi All,

I passed stage 2 on 16th October but unfortunately got the email on the 19th that I had been unsuccessful in regards to the DMI, just wondering if the results for the MMI are sent after? appreciate any info

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that, where did you apply for?

Nishhh

Passed my stage 2 on the 17th in Crewe, still waiting to hear back about the mmi and dmi tho! Frantically checking emails every couple of hours lol. I was told you would hear back about the mmi within a couple of days then 7-10 days for the dmi anyone had any results from the same week yet?
Also was told they interviewing 6 people a day till Christmas!

Me too! Passed on 18th Oct.

Hope we don’t have to wait too long it’s so nervewrecking...

Stigy

Established Member
Hi All,

Thanks!
Sorry to hear mate, best to keep positive and keep trying. Is this your first crack at it?

Good luck for MMI too...can’t answer your question as I got my results for MMI on the day.

Nishhh

Sorry to hear mate, best to keep positive and keep trying. Is this your first crack at it?

Good luck for MMI too...can’t answer your question as I got my results for MMI on the day.

They seem to be doing the process in all different ways... I initially thought we had to pass MMI to sit DMI but sat both on the day and told results would be upto 2 weeks.

Stigy

Established Member
They seem to be doing the process in all different ways... I initially thought we had to pass MMI to sit DMI but sat both on the day and told results would be upto 2 weeks.
Same here. At my stage two they did it in two halves but those of us that sat the MMI first were told we wouldn’t sit the DMI if we didn’t pass the MMI. I only had to do the MMI and DMI at mine so was one of the first up.

Davidh89

Thank you. Yes this was my first go at it. Fingers crossed for the MMI

Stigy

Established Member
Thank you. Yes this was my first go at it. Fingers crossed for the MMI
With the MMI passed too you’ll not have to do any assessments again if you find another TOC/FOC to apply to within the next few years. Worst case scenario you’ll only have to take the MMI and DMI again and you’ll know more about what’s entailed in the MMI from this time round. I’m sure you’ll be fine though! Ask for feedback from the DMI though.

There were 4,000 ish applicants for these jobs (so I was told at DMI) so you’ve done really well to get where you have mate! The fact you weren’t offered a job doesn’t mean you weren’t good enough, or failed, it just means they had loads of applicants and you missed out (that’s what I’m telling myself anyway haha). There’s far more applicants than there are jobs I’m sure.

Pete C

Me too! Passed on 18th Oct.

Hope we don’t have to wait too long it’s so nervewrecking...
I passed everything including MMI on the 11th and still waiting for my DMI results so don't hold your breath!

Davidh89

With the MMI passed too you’ll not have to do any assessments again if you find another TOC/FOC to apply to within the next few years. Worst case scenario you’ll only have to take the MMI and DMI again and you’ll know more about what’s entailed in the MMI from this time round. I’m sure you’ll be fine though! Ask for feedback from the DMI though.

There were 4,000 ish applicants for these jobs (so I was told at DMI) so you’ve done really well to get where you have mate! The fact you weren’t offered a job doesn’t mean you weren’t good enough, or failed, it just means they had loads of applicants and you missed out (that’s what I’m telling myself anyway haha). There’s far more applicants than there are jobs I’m sure.

Will defo ask for feedback for the DMI. Same was told there was 4000 applicants at my DMI too.
haha i have been telling myself the same as you.

Seejwalker

Hi All,

Thanks!
Yes they are mate, because the MMI is done by the OPC they will send you the results for the whole day.

Lendog2012

Just catching up - Sorry to hear the news Stigy, Lee & David. I missed out on my first crack at Trainee Driver at my current TOC, it hurt but (as you have already mentioned) I got the feedback made some adjustments and passed this one.

Not that I am an expert at all...... however - people have said the industry has allot of drivers who are coming up to retirement over the coming years so hopefully you should see a continued amount of opportunities on the horizon. I hope it comes soon for you!

I on the other hand, still continue to refresh my email account several hundred times a day for when I move from the pool on to a course. Although in reality it has only been a few weeks but feels like years!!

Joliver

Defo don't give up guys. I too failed the DMI with a TOC in April. Got feedback, went from there and glad to say start with another TOC in the new year. Like alot of people are saying you've done the hard part. One more interview with another TOC/FOC and you're in! Good luck going forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.