• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

crebbs1

That’s not a very helpful post mate :|
https://www.freightliner.co.uk/group/careers/careers-in-the-uk/

Intermodal and Heavy Haul.

Yet again because I passed stage 1 within the 6 month window with another toc I can not apply.

Good luck to all.

I’m no detective but, the same person that started this thread who couldn’t apply for reasons above is perhaps trying to unsettle people so they can have a go at applying as their six months waiting must be near to the end.

Pete C

GLENMAYE77

So from what I’m reading on that link this is a dispute about the relocation of the Financial Shared Services Centre from Southampton to Birmingham......therefore Office/accounts staff, not drivers.

Salop-lad82

I applied last night, the company history questions were easily answered by a look on the companys website.
Next there were some situational judgement questions, none very specific but along the lines of "I work long hours alone" or "I do several tasks at once" which you had to give a answer ranging from Strongly Agree to Strongly Disagree and neither agree nor disagree inbetween.
After that there were some questions that were more specific but outlined a scenario in which you were given four answers,
you had the pick the best likely response from 1 being the one you'd most likely behave like if you were in the given scenario and 4 being the least likely way to react to the given example.
Some were very easy to choose, based on my knowledge of rules and regs in a similar working environment but I expect a few total newcomers could be caught out by them.

You have to sign a payback contract if you get the post. It starts at 75% of costs, to 50% to 25% depending on what stage you left... once you get two years after qualified (3 years in total) you don't have to pay anything back..

Brooksy

When you say "pencilled in" how do you mean exactly?
I currently work for Freightliner so guess that’s what they looking to do with me but could be liable to change if needed? Bit of a heads up before the official date I guess

Bufclee

Has anybody who applied for peterborough and passed had a response from freightliner yet.

Branston

I haven’t heard anything from Freightliner yet and I applied for Peterborough.
To be fair to them I only had my interview on the 26th November, so not been 2 weeks yet.

When did you guys have your interviews?/

crebbs1

I haven’t heard anything from Freightliner yet and I applied for Peterborough.
To be fair to them I only had my interview on the 26th November, so not been 2 weeks yet.

When did you guys have your interviews?/

Only had mine on 29th so got at least a week to go yet I should think

GMT

I'm now pretty sure I am not going to hear anything this year.
Perhaps not this year, but next year is round the corner though. Let's bear in mind also that there are still people like me awaiting assessments and interviews. I'll be in Watford next week on Thursday.

Mike121

Perhaps not this year, but next year is round the corner though. Let's bear in mind also that there are still people like me awaiting assessments and interviews. I'll be in Watford next week on Thursday.

Yes, that is a very good point there are still assessments taking place. Where have you applied for?

Sam85

I am practicing for the awareness and recognition test which I’ve got a practice dvd for. I was under the impression that I would see pictures of traffic scenes and would have to pick out what I saw from the list below

Pedestrians
Motor vehicles
Cyclist/motorcyclist/scooter
Road sign
Traffic light

However; on the practice dvd, the pictures were completely random with a different list each time. Eg. people standing at a bus stop flashed up for one second and was asked to identity exactly 15 people which to me seemed unreasonable. Could anyone that has sat the test please clarify how the test is actually conducted? Thanks in advance :)

Static65

Your initial impression is correct. For each image you have to identify which of the 5 categories you have listed above appeared in the picture.

It does not matter if there are 2 or 10 traffic signs, you just have to have seen a traffic sign (or whatever appeared) and select it from the list that follows.

The test on the day is identical to this video, just with different pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.