• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMT

Do you know how you failed last time? Do you remember what questions they asked?

And how much preparation did you do?

Not looking to the MMI also!
With hindsight I know why I failed; some of my examples were poor, especially the one for rules and procedures and role similar to train driver, but even the one regarding the perseverance to learn something wasn’t structured in a good way. Often I didn't include the key words they would expect to hear. Plus, at the end I must have sounded quite deflated, as I knew already I wouldn’t pass. Anyway, you can learn a lot from a failure, and I think I have. My concern is the strength of some of my examples though.

The questions were the same except the first and the second ("…relied on to do well in difficult time" and "…to work knowing it was important not to make a mistake"), we had "...you've had to solve a difficult problem" and "...you've had to work for long periods of time alone".

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Salop-lad82

Hi everyone, also took my stage 1 last Tuesday and got email today inviting me to stage 2. Which will be all the computer tests, MMI and DMI.

Wasn’t holding out much luck as thought I didn’t do well in the directory and tones test but guess I managed!

Any tips for these tests? Not looking forward to the flash images one!

Next in Watford on 08/01

Advice for the pictures one is, search YouTube as there's videos on there of the test so you can see what it's like. When I did mine I sat back in my chair so I was taking the when image in... don't stare at the screen as you'll automatically focus in to o e area and miss stuff in your peripheral view..

martin2345uk

Established Member
I found myself totally guessing on a few of the pictures... still managed to pass so don’t stress about it as much as I was!

Sam85

The traffic scene one is the one I’m most stressing about tbf. Is it just traffic scenes and the same 5 things you could potentially see? Is it literally a second that you see each picture for? How many pictures do you see in total?

martin2345uk

Established Member
The traffic scene one is the one I’m most stressing about tbf. Is it just traffic scenes and the same 5 things you could potentially see? Is it literally a second that you see each picture for? How many pictures do you see in total?

Yes mate its the same 5 things every time... cant quiet remember how many pictures there were but it sure felt like a lot! I wanna say about 15..??

This video on YouTube shows pretty much exactly how long they show on the screen for :)

LGB87

Just got my feedback call after not meeting Freightliners enhanced standards.. Was quite surprised to find out it was only the Group Bourdon that let me down. I thought I'd done very well on that but apparently my accuracy wasn't good enough.

Hopefully more vacancies in the Reading depot come up in 6 months time! :|

GJL9916

Just got my feedback call after not meeting Freightliners enhanced standards.. Was quite surprised to find out it was only the Group Bourdon that let me down. I thought I'd done very well on that but apparently my accuracy wasn't good enough.

Hopefully more vacancies in the Reading depot come up in 6 months time! :|

I was exactly the same as you, pass for the group bourdon, enhanced for everything else!

martin2345uk

Established Member
I wish all of you on this thread who are still awaiting anything from FL as happy and stress-free a Christmas as possible, and here’s to hearing something as early as possible in the new year!

<:D

Mike121

I wonder what this contract down south with Mendip Rail means for us in the pool. Especially the ones for Crewe and Birmingham.

bwlv9

I believe the drivers who work for DB on these jobs would be TUPE'd to Freightliner. And as the job is mainly across the south not sure how much it would affect people waiting for Bham/Crewe, but this is just my uninformed opinion.

Paulm36

Just wether or not they will prioritise people down south for courses. The ones coming through the stages now.
I was wondering something similar , but as a potential intermodal driver down south , would they now look to prioritise HH driving courses . Still I suppose all we can do is keep waiting and hope for some good news in the new year .

I don’t think there is any point worrying about things out of our/your control.
The mendip deal begins in Nov 19 which is a little soon for getting someone trained from scratch. I personally hope it doesn’t effect anyone in the pool and certainly not anyone currently doing the work for DBC.

Stigy

Established Member
I don’t think there is any point worrying about things out of our/your control.
The mendip deal begins in Nov 19 which is a little soon for getting someone trained from scratch. I personally hope it doesn’t effect anyone in the pool and certainly not anyone currently doing the work for DBC.
I wonder if this will affect DB Cargo JD role. Hope not :(

Degsy

Just chillout guys you'll be fine. 33:1 ratio for jobs now, down from 190:1 at the beginning of the process!

If you're in the pool you've done extremely well. So give yourselves a pat on the back and just enjoy your christmas, I hope 2019 brings you good fortune!

All the best.

Just chillout guys you'll be fine. 33:1 ratio for jobs now, down from 190:1 at the beginning of the process!

If you're in the pool you've done extremely well. So give yourselves a pat on the back and just enjoy your christmas, I hope 2019 brings you good fortune!

All the best.
Have you got a start date yet, which depot?

crebbs1

All the best.

Where have you managed to get these ratios from Degsy? Do you work for freightliner already?

Seejwalker

Mate honestly it's alot easier than it looks and slot easier than examples you may have seen. The images aren't overly populated with things to remember and it's a set list of multiple choice answers.

SpitfireAle

Hi,

Not been on here for very long time. Just seen the thread now. I was at crewe on the 4th Dec for the interviews. I'm in the pool now. Well done to all the others who got through also!
I can't say I'm not happy but I won't breathe a sigh of relief until I get a medical, pass it, and then sign a contract of employment.

GLENMAYE77

Hi,

Not been on here for very long time. Just seen the thread now. I was at crewe on the 4th Dec for the interviews. I'm in the pool now. Well done to all the others who got through also!
I can't say I'm not happy but I won't breathe a sigh of relief until I get a medical, pass it, and then sign a contract of employment.

Congrats....which depot?

Paulm36

Hi,

Well done , I was the 4th of December as well . Had a phone call yesterday , medical booked in for 2nd January and was told if I pass that I should be on a course in March . So hopefully you'll hear about a medical soon . Good luck going forward.

GLENMAYE77

Well done , I was the 4th of December as well . Had a phone call yesterday , medical booked in for 2nd January and was told if I pass that I should be on a course in March . So hopefully you'll hear about a medical soon . Good luck going forward.

What depot have you gone for?
HH or IM?

Status
Not open for further replies.