• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PickleTree

I got offered one at the beginning of January but I wasnt able to make the date they offered so I had to decline. I have since got a start date with Greater Anglia so I am not too fussed to be honest but I never heard back from them with another interview date.
What depot had you applied for?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BFJ90

Hey all, I also was told that I had passed my stage 2 assessment and that they would pass my details to Freightliner, and they would contact me for a DMI. Still waiting to hear from them. Anyone have an idea of how long this could take?

PickleTree

There are a number of us in this exact same boat. I was told on the 9th January that I had passed stage 2 and that my details had been passed to Freightliner. They would be in contact in a few weeks! I think the common theme on this thread is that things seem to move extremely slowly once the OPC element is done so I think it is very much a waiting game!

JLyons

To those swimming in the pool for Birmingham, has anyone had any contact with Freightliner this year?

pretty sure there’s still people from the pool waiting since 2018 for contact let alone this year! Could be a long wait, I would advise to keep looking elsewhere as myself and many others ended up getting jobs with other companies whilst waiting for freightliner

The One

I can only imagine cause they are doing a recruitment drive with trainees at present they can only accommodate small number of trainees on the course.Had they taken everyone one at once there would be people standing about and not doing any thing.All I can suggest is be patient it is a waiting game.

JLyons

I was told there should be a course in April? Has anyone else heard of anything about April or more training courses?

Did they say what year? People have been waiting since summer 2018 for a course to materialise, me being one of them, I’ve since got another job with a TOC and been there over 12 months and still not heard anything from them. So in this case it’s worked out for the better for me but I’d keep my options open if I was you.

Dave Tasty

I was told there should be a course in April? Has anyone else heard of anything about April or more training courses?

Where did you hear that? I have heard nothing. If there was a course in April you would probably know by now if you were on it. It takes time to do medicals, references etc. Also with the varying degrees of notice periods people serve, resignations would probably need to be handed in by next week.

TheNewGuy

Hahhahhahahhahha!

been waiting for a course almost 18 months now. Hope you're right. But somehow doubt it. Too short notice to get stuff done for April now

4F89

Hahhahhahahhahha!

been waiting for a course almost 18 months now. Hope you're right. But somehow doubt it. Too short notice to get stuff done for April now
Well, not true. First course started with 5 weeks notice

Tommy89

Has anybody on here had a DMI recently, is it similar to the MMI or is it more of a standard formal interview ?

4F89

Thanks mate, just trying to be prepared for whatever they might ask me.
Company basics, what they do, where they go, traction used, employee numbers etc. Ownership, anything in the news, safety, looking out for each other etc etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.