• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laks

Rang the mobile number got an interview next week, I applied for Wembley depot. Anyone else for Wembley heard anything?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
I wouldn’t even worry about uncertainty of continuous work whilst applying for a driving job. It’s all about getting that magical key as a trainee, after all.

deepblue82

For those who have previously applied at Freightliner before going on to get work with over TOC/FOC can I ask how this works if you have passed your OPC assessments?

I have recently applied for a trainee position with another TOC having passed all the OPC assessment but not heard on a DMI - would the new TOC check with OPC during the initial application sort? I was sort of expecting a question on the application like "have you previously undertaken train driver assessments?" or similar but there wasn't anything like that.

PickleTree

For those who have previously applied at Freightliner before going on to get work with over TOC/FOC can I ask how this works if you have passed your OPC assessments?

I have recently applied for a trainee position with another TOC having passed all the OPC assessment but not heard on a DMI - would the new TOC check with OPC during the initial application sort? I was sort of expecting a question on the application like "have you previously undertaken train driver assessments?" or similar but there wasn't anything like that.
I have done the same and in the same boat as you. I rang the recruitment team
at the TOC in question to let them know and they said the reason they asked for my NI number at application stage was so they could use this to access the OPC database and look at my records. That was with SWR. Haven’t heard anything since though.

deepblue82

I have done the same and in the same boat as you. I rang the recruitment team
at the TOC in question to let them know and they said the reason they asked for my NI number at application stage was so they could use this to access the OPC database and look at my records. That was with SWR. Haven’t heard anything since though.

Thank you, I could have of course done that too, sorry and thanks for sharing this.

Tommy89

Hello has anyone received confirmation emails for interviews yet? I’ve got an interview early next week and still haven’t heard anything? @Tommy89 did you get a confirmation email in the end?
I just had an email to say I had an interview on a certain date and it asked me to reply to confirm I could attend. That was it mate.

Think it went well cheers but you never know really, was a very relaxed atmosphere, have you had your DMI yet?

good, fingers crossed for you then. Did they say when you’re likely to hear from them? And no still awaiting it being rebooked after it was cancelled due to weather last Thursday.

Tombo456

Hi first time posting, had my DMI a couple weeks ago for Freightliner at Ipswich, has anyone else who had an interview heard anything? Thanks in advance

Paulm36

Just had a call from freightliner, I’ve passed the DMI and have been offered a course starting in may!! Delighted, sounded like she was doing the rounds today so hopefully some of you will hear something! Good luck
Congratulations and welcome on board. What depot are you going to be based at?

Jobi-wan

Just had a call from freightliner, I’ve passed the DMI and have been offered a course starting in may!! Delighted, sounded like she was doing the rounds today so hopefully some of you will hear something! Good luck
Congrats!

Tommy89

So are they not sending out email confirmation then ? Congrats though mate, what depot are you going to and when in may does the course start ?

PickleTree

Congratulations mate. Hopefully they shift their focus onto other depots now!

Jobi-wan

@Paulm36 Thanks for that mate, im gonna be based at thamesport, By the sounds of it i take it you work out thamesport aswell? if so would you mind if i shoot you PM with a few questions?

@Jobi-wan Thanks have you had your DMI yet?

@martin2345uk Haha! yh thats where ill be heading fingers crossed pending a medical of course!

@Tommy89 Cheers Tommy it was just a brief phone call offering me a place pending a medical, and shes going to get the official documents emailed by the end of this week. Im going to thamesport and she only mentioned it will be starting May.

thanks Tombo appreciate that, have you had your DMI yet?
Yeah a while ago now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.